A 14-year-old girl is reported to have been defiled by four men in the Ellembele District of the Western region.
The victim, a class six pupil of Asenda Basic School, was allegedly defiled after the men spiked her drink during a social event in the town over the weekend.
She woke up the next morning with severe body pains and bloodied pants.
The teenager confided in her mother's friend who later informed the family.
They then reported the incident to the police at Esiama after which they proceeded to Eikwe hospital for confirmation.
The mother of the victim, Maa Gifty, said news of the dastardly act spread throughout the town after the suspects went about bragging.
Following this, the parents of three suspects went to see the family of the victim last Monday to negotiate a compensation.
But Maa Gifty said they turned the offer down. She said she wanted to meet the 35-year-old suspect and mastermind of the act before any talks can begin.
Although the incident has since been reported to the police, no arrest has been made so far.
- Travellers complain of theft at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- NRSA petitions MTTD to investigate Cocobod vehicle that broke traffic regulations
- Kuami Eugene reacts after KiDi said his communication is poor
- Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
- Kuami Eugene describes critics of his attire during Range Rover presentation as shallow
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
Court rejects bail application of business executive held over spousal murder
KMA to offer support to Kumasi Central market fire victims
I almost quit music – Amakye Dede
What I learned when my ex-boyfriend dumped me on Valentine’s Day
Bare with us concerning ‘dumsor’ timetable – GRIDCo
The moment society taught me what it meant to be a woman
Government is expanding TVET education to increase enrollment – Kumawu MP
Volta Region records 137 road crashes in first quarter of 2021
Joe Ghartey missed out on ministerial appointment due to his flagbearer ambition – Ben Ephson
Persistent cement price increases raise concerns among building construction players
Retail Feud: GUTA to close down undocumented foreign retail shops
Angela Merkel must beat the pandemic to save her legacy, time is running out
More than 11,800 benefit from malaria vaccination in AOB District
Zeepay partners with Moove, Uber’s preferred fleet partner in sub-Saharan Africa
Ghost names on government payroll to be a thing of past – Bawumia