GCB Bank Ltd has rewarded personnel of the Kasoa Divisional Command of the Ghana Police Service for demonstrating patriotism and commitment to the national interest.
The Bank also paid the medical bills of Inspector Charles Yeboah who was injured in front of the Kasoa Main Branch of the Bank during a scuffle with Kojo Appeaga, 36, who wielded a double-edged machete and threatened customers and staff on September 27.
Mr Appeaga who is now in police custody had attempted to force open the doors to the banking hall but was prevented by security personnel on duty.
The security personnel called for reinforcement from the Police Divisional Office which responded quickly and apprehended the suspect after they had fired some warning shots.
In the milieu, Inspector Charles Yeboah was stabbed on the left lower arm whilst attempting to arrest the suspect. He was rushed to Koasoa Polyclinic for treatment and has since been discharged.
The Managing Director of the Bank, Anselm Ray Sowah, who led a delegation of the Bank to the Kasoa Divisional Command and the private residence of Inspector Nyarko, presented an undisclosed amount of money to the Inspector to cover his medical bills and to cushion him up while recuperating.
He commended the police for the timely intervention to prevent a situation which would have resulted in chaos at the branch and the community.
Mr Sowah was particularly grateful to the Divisional Commander and his men for the professional manner they handled the issue saying, “the fact that you intervened means a lot to GCB.”
“It is important to recognize the police in this circumstance and we cannot ignore you,” he said.
The Divisional Commander, ACP Charles Kofi Adu, expressed the appreciation of the Ghana Police Service to the management of GCB, particularly, the MD for a practical demonstration of care towards the police.
He described as encouraging and motivating for the GCB MD to personally follow up, interact with the Police and visit the injured.
Mr Sowah was accompanied by the Deputy Head of Corporate Affairs, Emmanuel Kojo Kwarteng; the Branch Manager, Lydia Dugbartey and Deputy Security Coordinator of the Bank, Emmanuel Frimpong.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 3 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Cedi registers unprecedented weekly decline in trading as dollar demand surges
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- In pictures: Tears flow as murdered nurse applicant’s body arrives in her hometown
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM cards – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Afghan blast kills 19 teenagers sitting practice exam
- Edmund Addo returns to Sheriff Tiraspol after botched summer transfer
- Chinese employer who allegedly slashed throat of Ghanaian employee to be arraigned today
- Elikem Asenath Naa Obiorkor Commey
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- King Charles III: New coins featuring monarch’s portrait unveiled