Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana’s under-23 team will have to wait until Saturday to play their opening Group B match against Togo at this year’s WAFU Nations Cup in Abeoukuta, Nigeria.
The match originally scheduled for today had to be postponed after a late withdrawal by two nations, Senegal and Mali from the competition.
No official reason has however been given for their withdrawal.
Nigerian football journalist, Yussuf Hassan is covering the tournament in Abeoukuta and he told Joy Sports the withdrawals will not affect the patronage of the tournament.
He said majority of supporters thronged the stadium to watch football and the opening ceremony, stating the withdrawals will not affect the competition.
Source: Joy Sports/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Asunafo North Cocoa Farmers Union and partners rescue rural schools from infrastructure crisis
27 seconds -
Africa must become a destination for investment, not aid — Deputy Finance Minister
30 minutes -
Regulation by invoicing: Systemic flaws in NITA’s licensing push and threat to Ghana’s digital trust
33 minutes -
‘I’m sick and tired of this country’ – Ghanaian in South Africa pour out frustrations at meeting with Foreign Affairs Minister
58 minutes -
‘Mum’s dementia means I live in the moment with her’
1 hour -
Energy Commission champions Clean Energy Transition
1 hour -
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
2 hours -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
2 hours -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
2 hours -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
2 hours -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
2 hours -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
4 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
4 hours -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
4 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
6 hours