Former Presiding Member for South Dayi, Godwin Kwame Dadzawa has been endorsed by the assembly members as District Chief Executive.
Mr Dadzawa who polled 31 ‘yes’ out of 31 vote cast promised to work hand-in-hand with the Member of Parliament, Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor, Traditional authorities and members of the assembly.
According to him, he will in collaboration with the MP use the common fund to improve the standards of living of the people of South Dayi.
He also noted that focus will be placed on job creation, improved service delivery to communities as well as ensure poverty reduction.
Residents into farming, trading and fishing as well as the private sector would be given support, he added.
The elected DCE commended the efforts of the Volta Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Yao Letsa to ensure the District had a Chief Executive who would spearhead affairs that would bring about development.
Mr. Dadzawa who promised to run an open-door policy said priority will be given to sectors like agriculture, health, water and sanitation, education and infrastructure development.
On his part, Volta Regional Minister Dr Archibald Yao Letsa said he was happy about the turn of events during the first six confirmations which according to him were very successful.
He, therefore, urged members to team up with the MMDCEs to bring more development to the districts.
Mr Rockson Nelson Defeamekpor, who is the MP for the area, in an interview with the media said the South Dayi District is faced with many challenges that need urgent attention; adding that stakeholders should be united to have the needed development desired by the district.
- Al Sadd and Andre Ayew agree to contract termination
- Ghana officially opens its market to US pork and pork products export
- Close down Office of the Auditor-General – GHAMRO CEO fumes
- Monkeypox Outbreak: Ghana records four deaths, 116 cases
- Over 4,000 Burkinabes seek asylum in Bawku West District
- Oyibi Food Poisoning: 53 persons experienced symptoms of foodborne diseases – FDA
- Adomfe goes sombre as cop, family killed in fire are buried
- Minority Leadership Change: Party is not divided – Asiedu Nketia assures NDC-UK
- CHAN 2022: Black Galaxies suffer shock exit after Niger defeat
- Police interdict officer for leaving rifle in commercial vehicle
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Full list of winners at 47th SWAG Awards gala
- Livestream: The Probe discusses Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Dr Ibn Kailan Abdul-Hamid appointed Head of UPSA’s Department of Marketing
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- CHAN 2022: CAF confirms change in kickoff time for final
- Newcastle sign Everton forward Anthony Gordon in £45m deal
- ‘We wanted a fresh start in 2023, but we have been worse’ – Klopp
- Brighton knock holders Liverpool out of FA Cup
- Moises Caicedo made ‘mistake’ asking to leave Brighton, says Roberto de Zerbi
- Pedri winner extends Barca’s La Liga advantage
- Chelsea sign teenage right-back Malo Gusto from Lyon in £31m deal
- Ghana signs agreements with Saudi Arabia on Hajj 2023
- Iraq reiterates support for Morocco’s sovereignty over Sahara
- Akufo-Addo’s loud silence on Auditor-General’s report shocking – Dr Apaak