The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) has queried the National Secretary of the Customs Staff Association, Gift Emmanuel Kofi Tsamah, for participating in a media discussion without approval.
The officer was hosted by JoyNews’ on the August 14 edition of The Probe to discuss the mechanisms to improve the revenue collection at the Tema port in the wake of the Special Prosecutor’s damning findings into Labianca company.
But a letter signed by the Authority’s Acting Head of Human Resources, Akua Mpiani-Brobbe said the Secretary acted contrary to the rules of the Authority.
According to her, Section 24 (4) and 34 (4&5) of GRA’s code of ethics requires staff to seek approval before participating in media programmes.
On the back of this, the GRA’s Human Resource Department finds Mr Tsamah’s appearance on the channel as questionable.
“It has also been reported that the Assistant Commissioner, CPA engaged you on phone discouraging you from appearing on the discussion programme as advertised without the express consent of the Authority.
“You are therefore by this letter kindly requested to explain to the undersigned, your inability to comply with the internal procedures,” part of the letter read.
Madam Mpiani-Brobbe also asked the Secretary to respond to the query by Thursday, August 18.
Mr Tsamah on Sunday, August 14, appeared on JoyNews’ The Probe on Sunday with other panelists to discuss the topic “Labianca: Assessing the findings of the Office of the Special Prosecution.”
- Domelevo supports removal of Finance Minister and BoG Governor
- Sogbe Amalgamated Family Union launched to champion educational, economic, and social development
- CPP denies forming alliance with Alan Kyerematen ahead of 2024 general elections
- Ellembele MP clashes with DCE over fixing of deplorable roads in the constituency
- At least 9 killed in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Ablakwa challenges Jean Mensa to provide proof that Parliament restricted EC’s operations
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Arrest of protesters shameful, unlawful – Sammy Gyamfi
- His vision continues to inspire us – Ghanaians celebrate Kwame Nkrumah on his birthday
- Akufo-Addo urges international community to support efforts to resolve Africa’s conflict
- Aflao Border main gate temporary closed for security screening – Ghana Immigration Service
- Samson’s Take: Democracy in danger – stop the police now! Pt. III
- Dr Bawumia visits Enchi voter registration centre
- Briphildon Foundation calls for African renaissance
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Heavy security at Jubilee House after arrest of protestors
- Ghanaians react to police arrest of #OccupyJulorBiHouse demonstrators