The National Supporters Union of Accra Great Olympics football club over the weekend outdoored its constitution at Korle Gonor a suburb of Accra.
The short ceremony saw leaders of various supporters group sing ‘jama’ songs and dance.
The program marked the official adoption of the Accra Great Olympics Supporters’ Union constitution, which will be safeguarding its activities.
It also serves as a significant milestone in the history of the club.
Though Accra Great Olympics is one of the oldest football clubs in Ghana with a strong supporter base, several efforts to develop a constitution to regularise its activities since its inception has gone through many challenges thus causing a long a standing delay.
In his address, the General Secretary of the Accra Great Olympics Supporters, Dennis Amarkai Amarteifio, said the Union is poised to build a viable, credible and resourceful supporters union that will be able to stand the test of time.
“Our Union must cease to be an opposition group; it is in existence to complement the efforts of MANCO to make Accra Great Olympics better,” he said.
He added that even though members can criticise constructively, unsubstantiated allegations and counter allegations must stop.
Mr Amarteifio also appealed to MANCO to exercise tolerance when dealings with supporters.
He said there was so much the Union can do to reposition the club.
“Our success today will be meaningless unless it is linked up with the total re-organisation of all branches across the country,” the Secretary General said.
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- We can’t confirm how much Frontiers made from Covid-19 testing at airport – GACL
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Smugglers Paradise: GRA to investigate how custom officials aided in oil smuggling
- Political will among UN member states crucial in sustaining rights of minority groups – Godfred Dame
- Russia detains Japanese consul on spying charge; Tokyo hints at retaliation
- iPhone in India: Apple makes new handset in India in shift from China
- National Fitness Day moves to Kumasi for second edition
- Shinzo Abe: A divided Japan bids farewell to its slain ex-PM
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- “We’ve had some discussions about set pieces”- Otto Addo
- Uganda Ebola cases rise amid 23 deaths – WHO
- Total pension funds increased by 18% to ¢39.6bn in 2021
- King Charles: New royal cypher revealed
- Farmerline announces 2nd phase of ‘Pre-Series A second’ programme with additional $1.5m funding
- US government to provide $138m to support human capital development in Ghana
- Absa Bank projects ¢12 to a dollar end-year rate
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- Olympic medalist Prince Amartey passes on