Rapper CJ Biggerman has revealed the reason he boldly approached American rapper, Rick Ross upon his arrival at the reception of the hotel he stayed when he visited Ghana.
The young rapper explained that he was very certain that he would be given a chance only if Rick listened carefully to him.
Speaking on Accra-based Citi FM, Biggerman said he had learnt from the examples of other rappers who have now made a name for themselves after giving a freestyle to other big artistes.
“I have seen so many people, Big Sean got signed by giving a freestyle to Kanye West, Nas gave a freestyle to Jay Z even Drake a freestyle to Lil Wayne,” he said.
He spoke about how he had never received a negative reaction from any audience during his performances throughout his career.
According to him, that informed his decision to brave the odds.
“Nobody has really done that in Africa so let me just take my shot and try my luck. I knew I wasn’t going to be turned down,” he explained.
Meanwhile, he stated that he is working around the clock to release his EP which is in the pipeline.
“I have not relaxed” he clarified.
In December 2019, CJ Biggerman met Rick Ross who just landed in Ghana with a rap freestyle to the surprise of all present.
Later, Ross announced that he would perform with the Ghanaian rapper at Detty Rave where he was billed to perform.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghana’s reserves ended 2022 at 2.7 months of import cover; but trade surplus hits $2.75bn
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- A Google employee of 11 years and his wife shell-shocked over retrenchment
- Ghana’s public debt stood at ¢575.7bn in November 2022 – BoG
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue