Gospel artiste, Obaapa Christy has apologized to musician Stella Aba Seal after the former was accused of not seeking permission before including the veteran in her 20th-anniversary celebration.
This is after Stella Aba Seal’s manager took to social media to issue a disclaimer stating that they knew nothing about Obaapa Christy’s flyer which indicated her participation in a 20th-anniversary concert.
Reacting to it for the first time on Daybreak Hitz with Doreen Avio, Obaapa Christy apologised to her colleague and her team for not informing them first before publishing the poster.
“First of all, Stella is a veteran, I am her daughter and I apologize for my mistake. If you explain things too much you might end up making too many mistakes. I had good intentions for what happened but it tuned out bad. I appreciate and respect Stella so much,” the ‘Wagye Me’ hitmaker said.
Explaining further, Obaapa Gifty revealed that her plan was to honour some veteran Gospel musicians who have worked hard to sustain the music industry for young ones like herself.
She added that failure to seek permission from Stella Aba Seal was an oversight especially since she was busy due to the event preparations and the outdoor of her new restaurant.
“I had plans of honoring some veteran musicians. It was never to only bring them for performances but it was just an oversight as I had already reached out to the majority of the male musicians who had already agreed to these plans,” she explained.
Obaapa Christy also stated that God understands things better and know why they happen in our lives. Quoting the Bible, she urged Christians to accept things the way they are, whether good or bad.
“Even though I didn’t call Stella’s team, it was not with a bad intention, I had told her my real intentions, I am sure she would have thanked me for planning to honour her, “ she said.
She used the opportunity to apologize to Stella and her team.
“I am sorry, I am sorry if I wronged you. There is a saying that if your child urinates on your lap, you clean it, you don’t cut the leg off, you wipe the urine, but in this case, my mother cut her leg off but in all I love her, it’s all part of life. So please Obaapa at 20 is not fake.”
She also called on fans and loved ones to support her on the 4th of September to celebrate her hard work and for touching lives in the industry for the past 20 years.
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Pay more attention to educational needs of deprived communities – Philanthropist tells Government
- International Needs Ghana commissions GH₵58K mechanical borehole at Nuaxorve
- NDC gives government 30 days to compensate victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon violence or…
- Stonebwoy talks Afrobeats, new album, Ghana’s popularity on The Breakfast Club
- Government rolls out National Rental Assistance Scheme to support low-income households
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Government commits GH¢30m into implementation of the National Rental Assistance Scheme
- Messi says World Cup trophy ‘called out’ to him
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Would you flirt with your boss for a salary increase?
- I implore industry players to get closer to Agya Koo Nimo – Kwabena Kwabena
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- You’re not alone – Kalybos mourns with Ahuofe Patri after her mum’s passing
- Otumfuo pledges to support Alan Kyerematen’s flagbearership bid with prayers
- Government’s challenges with new school curriculum due to improper planning – Selorm Branttie