The ex-husband of gospel musician Obaapa Christy says he has not received any financial benefits from his role in some of the musician’s works.
Pastor Love Kweku Hammond insists that even though he wrote eight of the musician’s songs, no profits have come to him.
“I think I wrote 8 songs for my [ex] wife,” he said, adding that the structures back then were not favourable in tracking revenues.
He was speaking to Afia Tamakloe on the M’ahyease TV show.
“I can say that at that time, music wasn’t fetching money. We were not making money at that time. We gave the song to someone to produce it, the reason we didn’t make money They say there is something called royalties but nothing came out of it. There was no money,” he said.
According to Pastor Love, his prowess in songwriting helped catapult his former wife, then-Christiana Love, into the stellar career she has seen so far.
The duo has been apart for about 11 years.
However, Pastor Love says he has about four artistes he is currently working with to help promote in the music scene.
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- WHO alert over India-made cough syrups after deaths in The Gambia
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- Midweek performance wrap of Ghanaian players in Europe
- Exhibit customer-centric services in your daily operations – British Council to organisations
- Government consciously shielding main culprit in Bulgarian Embassy demolition – Ablakwa
- ‘I’m fed up’ – aspiring NDC chairman backs calls to oust incumbent Ofosu Ampofo, Asiedu Nketia
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- #BigBrotherNaija records over 19m tweets by fans￼
- Uganda president apologises for son’s tweets on invading Kenya
- Illegal mining very endemic in Bosome Freho district – Lands Ministry
- US to begin screening travellers coming from Uganda for Ebola
- British officials released date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- World Bank’s assessment is a true reflection of economic reality in Ghana – Prof. Lord Mensah
- Anny Osabutey: Ghana, a land of ‘beautyful’ nonsense!
- Kenyan socialite removes butt implants after life-threatening health scare
- Power Energy Ghana Exhibition slated for November 14, 2022