The ex-husband of gospel musician Obaapa Christy says he has not received any financial benefits from his role in some of the musician’s works.
Pastor Love Kweku Hammond insists that even though he wrote eight of the musician’s songs, no profits have come to him.
“I think I wrote 8 songs for my [ex] wife,” he said, adding that the structures back then were not favourable in tracking revenues.
He was speaking to Afia Tamakloe on the M’ahyease TV show.
“I can say that at that time, music wasn’t fetching money. We were not making money at that time. We gave the song to someone to produce it, the reason we didn’t make money They say there is something called royalties but nothing came out of it. There was no money,” he said.
According to Pastor Love, his prowess in songwriting helped catapult his former wife, then-Christiana Love, into the stellar career she has seen so far.
The duo has been apart for about 11 years.
However, Pastor Love says he has about four artistes he is currently working with to help promote in the music scene.
- GRA locks up popular event center ‘Underbridge’
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Black Sherif’s ‘Oh Paradise’ about late girlfriend gets fans emotional
- NSMQ 2022: Competing schools arrive on KNUST campus ahead of prelims
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- Posterity will judge Akufo-Addo, other leaders meanly if galamsey fight is not won – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- Rotaract Club of Ho supports Akrofu Xeviofe pupils with educational materials
- Members of pro-Alan group accuse Bawumia of campaigning contrary to National Council directive
- In pictures: Illegal mining activities in the Bosome Freho District
- BoG’s timing of policy rate adjustment was wrong – Economist
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: An open letter to Dr. Bawumia on the occasion of his 59th birthday
- Bawumia dances to ‘Buga’ song to mark 59th birthday
- Ellembelle District receives school infrastructure project from Eni Ghana and Partners
- Coachella files copyright infringement lawsuit against Afrochella
- We failed to deal with local triggers of inflation before Russia-Ukraine war – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana Music Awards UK comes off on October 29
- Samira Bawumia celebrates husband on 59th birthday
- Laboratory scientists call for establishment of public health emergency preparedness fund
- It cost ₵200k to produce ‘Run For Your Wife’ play – George Quaye
- Halt PPP arrangement for a laboratory facility – Medical Laboratory Professionals tell government
- Nima Dreams: A documentary about how lack of infrastructure is affecting talent growth