Multiple-award-winning journalist Gifty Anti has responded to the spokesperson of the Education Ministry of Ghana, Mr. Kwasi Kwarteng.
The PRO, in a Facebook post on Wednesday, accused the gender advocate of destroying women with her feminism sermons.
This comes after Gifty Anti asserted that “all men are afraid of a powerful woman.”
According to the staunch feminist, she claims that irrespective of a man’s status, his worst nightmare is a dominant woman.
“All men are afraid of a powerful woman,” she reiterated to Sammy Forson on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM on Friday.
She continued: “People are too scared of women… powerful women. They want their children to be powerful but they are scared of powerful women.”
The gender advocate went on to say, “You [Sammy Forson] as you sit here, there is some woman in your family that you are afraid of. When she calls or says something, you will be shaking – either your mother, grandmother, aunt, or something.”
Her comments have generated some commentary on social media – one of which was authored by the spokesperson of the Education Ministry, Mr. Kwasi Kwarteng – who accused the feminist of “destroying young women who listened to her feminism sermons in the past.”
In a Facebook post on Wednesday, he said: “This is what you did and destroyed the identity of many young women who followed you religiously but blindly.
“Sadly, you have reduced life to a competition between men and women. In your attempt to help young women find their identity, you erroneously created an impression as if the only thing they need in this world is their career and that life is all about how they can be better than men,” he said.
In response to Mr. Kwarteng’s comments, she said: I don’t respond to people who say things about me on social media. Unless the person has a question for me, then I will respond.”
She continued: “A lot of people say these things and I think what is making this particular one trend is that this person [Mr. Kwasi Kwarteng] is supposed to be from a ministry that is supposed to be pushing the rights of women – pushing women to be interested in education and to be empowered.”
According to the Standpoint show host, such comments about her feminism advocacy and its purported negative impact on women are not new to her.
“It’s not news. I have heard it over and over again,” she said.
She concluded by debunking the notion that women employ the feminism tag as an excuse to be impolite to men.
“People are rude if they are rude. Either men or women. It cuts across. It has nothing to do with gender,” said the decorated feminist.
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Funke Akindele loses mom
- All the newly appointed ministers are competent – Asiedu Kokuro
- NEDCo staff want Managing Director out
- Daniel Kwabena Owusu: Driving inclusive economic growth through the Africa digital economy
- UK property register: What 3 luxury homes reveal about who owns UK real estate
- Persons who collapse during sex have underlying medical conditions – Dr. Osarfo
- AngloGold Ashanti holds 2nd edition of “Start Right, End Well” mentorship programme
- ‘We cannot discard these utterances as vain talk’ – NPP reacts to Suame NDC Youth Organiser
- We do not love ourselves as Ghanaians – Jay Foley asserts
- Hold Akufo-Addo and National Security responsible if Ablakwa is harmed – Ras Mubarak
- Improvised explosive device was nearly used to blow a bridge in Bawku – Defence Minister
- Death of gospel musician’s brother: Police Report inconsistent – Jomoro MP
- Bounou, Courtois and Martinez make final three for FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper of the Year
- Impossible to prepare for disasters this big, Turkey’s president says
- Let’s pray KT Hammond and Steven Amoah don’t exchange blows at Trade Ministry – Murtala Mohammed
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: We will not accept police report on his death – Family