Perbi Cubs, a Ghanaian owned company with a specialization in library services for children, has celebrated Ace Broadcast Journalist Oheneyere Gifty Anti in its maiden Celebration of Champions event.
The event, themed ‘Celebrating a Lion’ took place on Saturday, 27th August at the Legon Anglican Hall, in Accra.
The icon, Oheneyere Gifty Anti, expressed her affection for children and expressed her admiration for their ability to ask insightful questions. She also encouraged parents to help their children read literature, to be their backbones, and to support them in everything they do.
Co-founder of Perbi Cubs, Mrs. Anyele Perbi detailed the reason for honouring the ace broadcaster. “Gifty Anti is a role model for many young people. She is passionate about reading and is a mother herself with a young child, so she is the best person to be the ‘Lion’ today on this very special maiden edition of Perbi Cubs Celebration of Champions”, she disclosed.
She also disclosed the motivation behind the maiden edition of the ‘Celebration of Champions’ event. According to Madam Anyele, who revealed that she had long-awaited the special day, “Perbi Cubs is all about reading and during the Covid times we engaged [thousands] of children to read. We always said that when Covid is less, we would come together in person and celebrate each other”.
Perbi Cubs Library Services is an evidence-based, cost-effective, time-saving, literacy-promoting endeavour that desires to see an enlightened people of African descent who are a product of an enviable national culture of leisure reading.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Illegal mining very endemic in Bosome Freho district – Lands Ministry
- British officials released date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- Anny Osabutey: Ghana, a land of ‘beautyful’ nonsense!
- Power Energy Ghana Exhibition slated for November 14, 2022
- Ghana’s gross reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in September 2022
- Samsung warns of 32% hit to profits on chip slump
- Bullied at school, bored on Love Island, now a podcast star
- ICU-Ghana demands immediate cessation of incessant exploitation of labour
- Fistfight breaks out over control of Kenya parliament
- Adidas puts Kanye West Yeezy deal under review
- Today’s front pages: Friday, October 7, 2022
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- Posterity will judge Akufo-Addo, other leaders meanly if galamsey fight is not won – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- ‘ECG has not agreed to any percentages with Hubtel’ – ECG MD