According to Jason Momoa he was “completely in debt” and “starving” immediately followinghis role on the hit series “Game of Thrones.”
“I couldn’t get work,” the actor recently told InStyle magazine.
“It’s very challenging when you have babies and you’re completely in debt.”
Jason Momoa says he was ‘completely in debt’ after his short stint as Khal Drogo in ‘Game of Thrones’— Fandom (@getFANDOM) November 11, 2020
‘I mean, we were starving… I couldn’t get work’
(via @InStyle | https://t.co/zgiZn0Yn3m) pic.twitter.com/mpxrigojsb
Momoa is married to actress Lisa Bonet and they are the parents of two children together.
He is also step-dad to actress Zoe Kravitz, Bonet’s daughter with ex-husband, rocker Lenny Kravitz.
Things got betterawhile after he played Khal Drogo on the first season of the HBO series (HBO is owned by CNN’s parent company).
Momoa first got into the business on “Baywatch Hawaii” and the water theme has been good for him since he went on to play superhero Aquaman.
He’s got plenty of acting gigs now, including a second season of his Apple TV+ series, “See,” and he also appears in the film “Dune.
“Momoa talked to the publication about how it felt to see the “Dune” trailer for the first time.
“It was ‘Josh Brolin, Jason Momoa, Javier Bardem,’ and I’m just like, ‘Oh my god. I can’t believe my name was with those names,'” Momoa said. “I feel like I’m still a kid, freaking out.”
- Military personnel attached to Speaker’s office withdrawn effective Jan. 14
- Family of 7 killed by fire at Gomoa Budumburam
- ‘I felt embarrassed and frustrated when I failed terminal exams 3 times’ – Failed suicide victim
- 4 highway robbers arrested, 4 others on the run
- You are a motivated beggar with a sense of entitlement – A Plus tells Psalm Adjeteyfio
- Withdrawal of Speaker’s military attachment not meant to deprive him of protection – National Security Ministry
- Fella Makafui wows fans with new photos
- We must have a proper value system as Ghanaians – Kunbuor
- Get away from shore – US and Japan warn on tsunami
- I must leave an impact, not just a celebrity – Kofi Kinaata
‘Operation Clean Your Frontage’ defaulters in Ablekuma summoned
John Kwao Dawson: Re-registration of SIM; the mistrust between NIA and telcos on database
Illegal logging in forest reserves is a national security issue – Forestry Commission
Worker unions fear more job losses as local companies halt production over benchmark values
74-year-old exonerated after spending 27 years in prison for murder she didn’t commit
Bawumia urges African central banks to connect payments switches to PAPSS
Tourism industry players decry impact of increases in fuel prices on operations
Fitch downgrades Ghana’s credit rating from B to B – with negative outlook
Forestry Commission builds military camp to check illegal activities in forests in Western North Region
Punish attackers of Radio Ada – Information Ministry to Police
AFCON Day 7 Wrap: Nigeria advance to next round, Salah scores in Egypt win
Withdrawal of Speaker’s military attachment not meant to deprive him of protection – National Security Ministry
MPs on public boards can create conflict of interest – Clara Kasser-Tee
Group warns against tribal, religious sentiments ahead of NPP flagbearership race
Get away from shore – US and Japan warn on tsunami