Audio By Carbonatix
A crisis management company, LCB Worldwide Ghana Limited as part of its contribution to the fight against the spread of coronavirus, has disinfected various Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) across the Greater Accra Region.
The exercise which was concluded on Saturday, April 4, followed last weekend’s session which saw the company disinfect several Ministries including the Ministry of Transport, Roads, and Highways, the Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection, and the Ministry of Environment, Science and Technology as well as the Accra Metropolitan Assembly.
The Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Defense, Finance, Communications, the Public Services Commission, Council of State, State Protocol Department, Office of the President Annex, Ministry of Health and the Department of Urban Roads were covered on Saturday.

The rest are the Department of Feeder Roads, Registrar General’s Department, Ministry of Information and the Ministry of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development.
Chief Executive Officer of LCB Worldwide Ghana Limited, Kareem Abu reiterated the commitment of the company to aid government in any way possible to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.

He said the company, as part of its corporate social responsibility, has undertaken the exercise to create a fear-free atmosphere for public sector workers to go about their duties without hindrance.
“We have a plan to expand this initiative and that is to move to some of the regions outside the capital to disinfect government Departments and Agencies out there. Even before the outbreak of the pandemic, we have embarked on some CSR activities in the Eastern and Greater Accra Regions during which we disinfected selected Senior High Schools and market centers.
"We’re with the Ghanaian people each step of the way and we believe this is the time they need us the most. We will not let them down.” Mr Abu said during an interaction with the media.
Director of Public Health at the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr Badu Sarkodie who joined the disinfection team lauded LCB Worldwide Ghana Limited for offering to disinfect the MDAs free of charge in this crucial time.
Ghana has so far recorded 214 cases of the novel coronavirus with 5 deaths and 31 recoveries.
According to Dr Sarkodie, it was imperative that all well-meaning individuals and organisations put their shoulders to the wheel to ensure the fight is won.
Dr Badu Sarkodie admonished all Ghanaians to adhere to the precautionary measures outlined by the President and government and endeavor to stay safe by staying at home.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana’s farmgate cocoa price beats Côte d’Ivoire despite criticism – AAK NDC
2 minutes -
Why use your royalties for ‘nsawa’ and blame mining companies for no development?
3 minutes -
ECOWAS Court of Justice holds sensitisation mission and external court session in Guinea
7 minutes -
Stephen Amoah calls for structural economic reforms to prevent future IMF bailout
8 minutes -
Stephen Amoah defends erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t IMF bailout decision
11 minutes -
Repeal Section 208 now! It is archaic and anti-democracy – Samson Lardy Anyenini
12 minutes -
Ghana on right economic trajectory after IMF programme exit – Dr Atuahene
13 minutes -
EPA shuts down Mpohor Mining site over alleged illegal foreign involvement
15 minutes -
Fallon Foundation launches ‘Pad for Prisons Initiative’ to promote menstrual equity in Ghana
23 minutes -
Private broadcasters strengthen democracy, accountability, and national development – GIBA President
25 minutes -
Some ministries are collapsing due to lack of funds – Effia MP claims
32 minutes -
IMF programme stabilised Ghana’s economy – Dr Richmond Atuahene
38 minutes -
Banking consultant calls for privatisation of non-strategic SOEs
47 minutes -
Bimbilla NPP Chairman Mbow Mohammed resigns after over three decades of party service
56 minutes -
NADMO appeals for urgent support following Tidal Wave destruction in Moree
58 minutes