A dead man has been found hanging on a 33,000-volt high tension pylon at Aboabo in Kumasi, the Ashanti regional capital.
Residents there woke up Tuesday morning to the spectacle of a man hanging from the pole.
They believe he is part of some cable-stealing syndicate whose activities often lead to intermittent power cuts in the community.
A resident told Luv News, they saw bright sparks at about 2am and went out to investigate the cause. The man whose name was given as Fatau was hanging precariously on the highly lethal metal structure.
"He was begging and promising us, he will give us some money if we brought him down", Bashir, a resident told LUV Fm's Erastus Asare Donkor.
The man became silent moments later; he had been electrocuted.
At about 8am, the regional crime unit, fire service personnel and a team from the Electricity Company of Ghana were working to bring down the body.
Police say the crime scene has been disturbed by the number of people trooping there but they will be conducting a search on the body to establish the connection to allegations of stealing.
Two gloves believed to have been used to climb the pole were found lying at the foot of the pole.
A heavy jacket also hanging close to the body on the pole was retrieved.
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- Hyundai, KIA to establish assembly plants in Ghana in 2022
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- Kumasi traders call on ECG to extend ‘dumsor’ timetable to Ashanti region
Asantehene calls on Ghanaians to fight against climate change
Weed, snakes, engulf government’s One-District-One-Warehouse facilities
The world marks Earth Day
NDC’s horse was strong, rider was also strong – Ofosu-Ampofo responds to Kunbour
Ghana Poultry Project trains youth in entrepreneurship
SMT Ghana assist construction of School project in Tarkwa
Deputy Lands Minister-designate assures of solutions to La stool lands dispute
Suspending prospecting activities in forest reserves a good step – Ken Ashigbey
Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
16 ‘galamsey’ excavators seized at Amenfi West in Western Region
2 sales personnel convicted for stealing
Armed illegal chainsaw operators frustrating forestry officers in Dormaa West District
Protect Ghana’s Covid-19 strides – GHS advises increased adherence to protocols
Court jails labourer 15 years for defilement
Eli Hini appointed as first CEO of MobileMoney Limited