A man, suspicious of the calls that his wife had been getting on her mobile telephone, has killed her.
Kofi Mensah, a palm wine tapper, cut the throat of his wife, Janet Adu, 35, with a cutlass on their farm. He then committed suicide by hanging.
The tragedy happened on Tuesday, at Pasro, near Tanodumase, in the Atwima-Mponua District of Ashanti Region.
The District Police Commander, Samuel Aloredey, told the Times that the couple had been married for about seven years.
He said that for some time now, the couple had had some misunderstandings following Mensah’s suspicion that Janet had been having extra-marital affairs.
On Tuesday, Mensah secretly took his wife’s mobile phone to the farm and checked the number of calls from the supposed lovers.
When the woman realised that the husband had taken the phone, she followed him to the farm with their three-year-old daughter to collect it.
According to the Police Commander, Mensah got infuriated when the woman confronted him. He picked up a cutlass and attacked, slashing her throat and leaving a deep cut.
After the act, Mensah went away leaving their little daughter to her fate.
The Police Commander said a hunter who chanced upon the incident, took the baby back to the village and reported the incident.
A search party later found Mensah’s body hanging from a tree in the bush a distance from where his wife lay.
Both bodies have been deposited at the Bibiani Government Hospital Mortuary
Source: The Ghanaian Times
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Our leaders are either complicit or incompetent – Ken Ashigbey on galamsey
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- We’re long past the state of emergency – Kofi Bentil on galamsey
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- Nigerian child killed in ‘bullet-proof’ charm test
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’
- The Countess of Wessex visits DRC to show urgent need to tackle sexual violence in conflict
- 843 KNUST Mastercard Foundation scholars benefit from short courses
- Your directive to SIGA D-G unnecessary – Clement Apaak tells Akufo-Addo