Audio By Carbonatix
Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic has completed his move to Juventus.
The Croatian star came through his medical on Monday morning, and in the afternoon put pen to paper on a four-year contract with the club.
The transfer had been agreed last week, with the reported fee of €19 million rising to a potential €26m. On arriving in Turin, Manduzkic spoke to local reporters - and pledged "to fight for my new team. "This is now my new home - don't worry, I will give it my best," he added.
He also said, "I like the city and I hope I will be happy here." Coach Max Allegri spoke about the Croatian as a done deal before the weekend. “It’s not that we have to replace Carlod Tevez, but rather sign players and evaluate the playing style,” said Allegri. “Mandzukic has arrived, we have Simone Zaza, Kingsley Coman, Alvaro Morata and Paulo Dybala – all young players of great quality.

“Mandzukic scored goals in every League, has strong character, is of an international level and will do well. We signed Mandzukic because we specifically wanted him. He’s a great player and I am very happy.” The striker's move gives him a very strange distinction: three times he has been signed by the losers of the Champions League final, having moved to Bayern Munich in 2012, Atletico Madrid in 2014 and now Juventus.
-
Latest Stories
-
Build inclusion into core of workplace culture – Telecel Ghana HR Director
3 minutes -
The youth are drowning – Vivies Dance and Theatre Academy sparks national conversation on addiction
8 minutes -
Bank of Ghana revoked GN Savings & Loans licence solely on insolvency grounds, not other alleged breaches — Lawyer for GN reveals
12 minutes -
Justice for Sale: How Ghana’s laws protect the powerful and punish the poor
17 minutes -
I wish some Ghanaians in US would go to school and improve themselves – Ambassador Smith
17 minutes -
2026 World Cup: Ghana’s Ambassador to US dismisses reports that only 3 out of 150 supporters secured visa
20 minutes -
Afoko calls for research-driven strategy to rebuild NPP ahead of 2028 elections
32 minutes -
Guinness Ghana Annual Golf Championship set for May 30 at Achimota Golf ClubÂ
43 minutes -
Ghana to announce World Cup squad on June 1 – Kurt Okraku
2 hours -
Livestream: Newsfile dicusses attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
2 hours -
Panic in Sunyani: Chiefs to perform rituals after mystery deaths of two successive headteachers
3 hours -
The party has lost ground – Paul Afoko breaks long silence to launch NPP comeback
4 hours -
“It is worrying” – Prof. Akosa sounds alarm over failing medical ethics
5 hours -
World Cup reality check: Mexico beat fringe Black Stars 2-0 in Puebla friendly
5 hours -
Black Stars lose 2-0 to Mexico in pre-World Cup friendly in Puebla
6 hours