Audio By Carbonatix
The General Secretary of former Premier League side Prestea Mine Stars, Mr Anthony Ackerson, has said it is regrettable that even though this year’s Middle League was promised to be fair, the contrary has been the case so far.
He said it is disheartening and disappointing at the way matches are being handled by some referees especially Class One referee John Atta Kesse of Koforidua.
The General Secretary said this in a press release after the Mines Stars encounter against Kessben FC at Koforidua last Sunday when the referee showed a red card to a Mine Stars striker, Prince Yeboah after consulting his assistant referee.
He alleged that the Kessben F/C goalkeeper was rolling on the ground and Yeboah rushed only to help him stand up or console him but that rather attracted the referee’s red card.
The release said after that incident, almost all the fouls committed were against Mine Stars with the referee showing four (4) yellow cards which apparently were meant to demoralize the players of Mine Stars.
He said to add insult to injury, the referee awarded a doubtful penalty in favour of Kessben F/C which attracted condemnation from the public.
The release said the referee’s behaviour was glaringly in support of Kessben, adding that this is not good for the development of the game as it will rather tarnish the image and competence of good referees.
Mr Ackerson said Management of Prestea Mine Stars is therefore reporting the behaviour of the referee to the Ghana Football Association and the Referees Association of Ghana to sanction him so as to improve the image of refereeing in the country.
The Management of Mines Stars are also protesting to the Ghana Football Association at the outcome of the match played between Kessben F/C last Sunday at Koforidua for the match not fairly officiated.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Congo police fire warning shots in burial dispute after suspected Ebola death
3 minutes -
Security officers involved in galamsey will face the law — Lands Ministry
4 minutes -
Keta MCE supports Keta FC with GH¢10,000 ahead of Middle League
5 minutes -
Livestream: JoyNews National Dialogue on Ghana’s youth and climate change
7 minutes -
Wontumi’s fate near as court gives final deadline for witnesses
8 minutes -
We have done no wrong – Group Ndoum says following court victory
10 minutes -
Dr. Gideon Boako warns banks may reject some forex deposits from next month
12 minutes -
Where typewriters still matter: The business keeping Kumasi’s old keyboard alive
12 minutes -
Growth in money supply slows down in April 2026 – BoG
22 minutes -
Ashaiman: Private developer demolishes traders properties to reclaim land
24 minutes -
“BoG failed to follow the appropriate steps before revocation of GN Savings and Loans’ licence”
32 minutes -
Ankaful Prison officers undergo Emergency Response Training to boost disaster preparedness
33 minutes -
Residents scramble for meat after train kills two cows at Avenor in Accra
33 minutes -
Vanessa Trump, former wife of Donald Trump Jr, diagnosed with breast cancer
46 minutes -
GSA to launch digital App for consumers to scan and identify non-standard products
49 minutes