Audio By Carbonatix
Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has stood by comments he made following his side's Champions League semi-final first leg defeat by Barcelona.
Uefa is investigating Mourinho, who suggested Barcelona receive favourable treatment from referees.
He mentioned images that suggest Real's Pepe did not touch Daniel Alves in the tackle for which he was sent off.
"Whoever criticises my words criticises the pictures and must think the photos and videos are altered," said Mourinho.
"An image is worth more than 1000 words and there are so many images from that game that were shown all over the world, that I have nothing else to add.
"I have nothing else to say. I have said what I wanted."
Mourinho did, however, go on to add that the recent events had strengthened his bond with the Spanish side.
The former Chelsea manager joined Real from Inter Milan last summer and still has four years to run on his current contract.
And despite rumours that he may leave the club in the summer, he stated: "To remain at Real Madrid makes more sense than ever before.
"Now I have more willingness to continue in charge of Real Madrid for what this means.
"This [Real] jersey is white, and white now has more significance."
Real and Barcelona will make formal complaints to Uefa, European football's governing body, about each other's actions during Wednesday's fiery encounter, which Barca won 2-0.
Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola did not want to respond to Mourinho's latest comments on Friday, but backed his club's decision to take the matter to Uefa.
"I can only give support to the board for their decisions," he said. "I'm an employee, one part, of this club."
And Guardiola insisted the Champions League tie is not over ahead of the second leg, which is due to be played at the Nou Camp on Tuesday, 3 May.
"We've got through one part of the tie, the other remains," he added.
"I'm not in the final of the Champions League, the only ones who have a title [Copa del Rey] this year are Real Madrid. They're not going to gift us anything."
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
‘I’m sick and tired of this country’ – Ghanaians in South Africa pour out frustrations at meeting with Foreign Affairs Minister
9 minutes -
‘Mum’s dementia means I live in the moment with her’
18 minutes -
Energy Commission champions Clean Energy Transition
31 minutes -
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
47 minutes -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
1 hour -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
1 hour -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
1 hour -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
1 hour -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
3 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
3 hours -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
3 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
5 hours -
FHU alumnus launches medical textbook
5 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Obeng clinches bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
5 hours -
Rescuers search for more than 20 trapped after Philippines building collapse
5 hours