Muhammad Ali’s twitter account has responded to former WBC Heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder’s trainer’s comparison to the boxing legend.
Malik Scott who replaced Jay Deas as Wilder’s trainer last month compared Wilder’s ability to overcome difficulties outside the ring to Ali.
”Muhammad Ali is one of my greatest fighters of all time. He was very magical in the ring, but it was the things he beat outside the ring that got my attention. Deontay Wilder is the closest thing to that in this time.”
The statement was captured in a tweet by the online editor for sports portal TalkSports Michael Benson. Among the hundreds of responses under the tweet was one from the twitter account of Muhammad Ali which savagely called Wilder a “Flamingo-legged bum”.
The tweet read “Hey @MalikKingScott I rose from the dead just to tell you to never compare me to that flamingo-legged bum again”.
Muhammad Ali died in June 2016 but his twitter account remains active with the last tweet only two days ago. Tweets are mostly limited to motivational quotes credited to the man regarded by many as the greatest boxer ever, as well as iconic images from his career and life.
Deontay Wilder is preparing to face British heavyweight Tyson Fury in a third showdown after a draw and a defeat to the American in the two previous fights respectively.
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Ayew brothers dropped as Inaki Williams starts for Black Stars in Nicaragua clash
- 3rd-year Mechanical Engineering student tells story of how he begged for a plate of food
- Aisha Huang denied bail again as judge calls on judiciary to help save water bodies
- Fatawu Issahaku scores debut goal as Black Stars record narrow win over Nicaragua
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- Kirani Ayat calls out Akufo-Addo, Tourism Ministry after promo video featured shots from his ‘Guda’ visuals
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- IMF sounds alarm on UK tax cut plans
- Malawi’s John Chilembwe gets statue in London’s Trafalgar Square
- Medical and Dental Council’s directive only applies to students who are yet to graduate – Dr. Banyubala
- We provided opportunities for medical students from Ukraine to enroll in Ghanaian universities – Dr. Banyubala
- Galamsey takes over rice farms in Upper Denkyira East
- Claims GNPC is causing financial loss to the state in Genser deal misleading – Deputy Energy Minister
- The Council from 2017 had issues with medical training from certain parts of the world – Dr. Banyubala
- Police investigate drowning of Officer at Sefwi Amoaya
- Bui Power Authority committed to harnessing football talents within its enclave – Management
- Andre Ayew becomes Ghana’s joint most capped player alongside Asamoah Gyan
- West Africa Crypto and Fintech summit held in Accra
- Sthenjwa Luthuli explores freedom and social restriction in Imbewu Yokhokho exhibition
- Global Citizen Festival: Dancegod Lloyd couldn’t join us on stage because he was unavailable – DWP Academy’s Afrobeast
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the dilemma of Ghanaian medical students from Ukraine
- Player Ratings: Black Stars beat Nicaragua in Spain