The Multimedia Group limited has been awarded the Africa Role Model overall organization Award at the 13th edition of the YPYC MTN PULSE Transformation Africa Conference and Africa Role Model Awards 2022 in Kumasi.
The group was presented with a plaque and citation.
The citation reads: “This is in recognition of your outstanding excellence in youth empowerment program and support. You have blazed a trail in content creation, as you broadcast to millions of viewers and listeners with professionals of global standard, bulletins, that inform, educate, and entertain the public.
Your content has shaped policy direction and public opinion on issues of critical national importance. Your broadcasting network has been fair, impartial, unbiased and balanced to all, traits that find expression in the 1992 Constitution on media freedoms and independence. Continue to throw the searchlight on transparency and accountability.
YPYC IDENTIFIES WITH YOUR VALUES on this 27th Day of August, 2022, the Governing Council of YPYC on behalf of all members confers on you, our respectable title: AFRICA ROLE MODEL OVERALL ORGANISATION”.
The Award’s recipients are YPYC’s finest selection of the most outstanding institutions and personalities who have truly excelled as transformational leaders and role models impacting society, young people and also inspiring change in their various endeavors.
The awards are few and were carefully chosen after going through a very competitive selection process by the selection Board and Governing council of YPYC.
The theme for this year’s summit is “The future of our youth: Jobs, leadership, entrepreneurship and digitization”.
Director General Prosecutions, Ghana Police Service, COP Nathan Kofi Boakye urged the youth to embrace digitization for personal and professional development.
“Times are changing and a lot of job opportunities have been erased. In thinking about jobs the first thing we should think about is what are the sustainable jobs going into the future?
“Our youth should be more concerned with current trends. We’re talking about jobs, we’re talking entrepreneurship, we’re talking about digitization and we’re talking about leadership. Among these four, what can drive all the others is digitization,” he noted.
Founder and president of YPYC, Mr. Andy Osei Okrah said there is an urgent need to secure the future of the youth to ensure development of the nation.
“Many young people do not want to learn any trade. They are growing more and more lazy just searching for quick fixes. University students are taken time betting instead of studying to come out with innovative solutions,” he observes.
Awardees at 13th edition of the YPYC MTN PULSE Transformation Africa Conference and Africa Role Model Awards 2022
Africa Role Model Woman in Executive Leadership- Lifetime Achievement Award
Professor (Mrs) Rita Akosua Dickson
Vice Chancellor, KNUST
Africa Role Model in Academic Excellence Lifetime Achievement
Prof Ellis Owusu Dabo, Pro Vice Chancellor, KNUST
Africa Role Model “The Grand Award”
Atta Acheampong, CEO, Attachy Constructions Ltd
Africa Role Model Overall Male Personality of the Year
Emmanuel Kojo Jones Mensah, CEO Empire Modus Ltd
Africa Role Model Overall Female Personality
Professor Marian Asantewah Nkansah, Deputy Director, DOSA, KNUST
Africa Role Model Overall Organization Category
Africa Role Model in Entrepreneurship Development Award
Emmanuel Kojo Jones Mensah
Africa Role Model in Business Excellence Award
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Adinkra Pie, Barima Osei Mensah
Africa Role Model Award in Media Excellence (Komla Dumor Award) (Private Media sector)
Sampson Nyamekye, GM, Hello FM
Africa Role Model in Media Excellence (Komla Dumor) Award (Public media sector)
Anthony Bells Kafui Kanyi, GNA
Africa Role Model in Public Service Leadership
COP Nathan Kofi Boakye, DG, Legal Prosecution, GPS
Young Role Model in Youth Development and Climate Change
Cedric Dzelu, Global YMCA Ambassador
Africa Role Model in Leadership Excellence and Youth Mentorship
Prof Ibok Nsa Oduro, College of Science
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Today’s front pages: Friday, January 27, 2023
- Kenya pushes one-pub-per-town order to fight alcoholism
- Kenyan court convicts Venezuelan diplomat of murder
- Decision to reshuffle NDC’s Minority Leadership was taken by FEC – Yamin
- AMA to roll out digital revenue collection system in March 2023
- Let’s assemble our own domestic IMF team before we are told to do so – Alhassan Andani
- Commercial banks should not be faulted for selling cocoa bills – Alhassan Andani
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Mahama speaks on Africa’s strategic priorities at Chatham House
- Pusiga celebrates late philanthropist’s 67 years of changing lives
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- National Labour Commission directs CETAG to call off strike
- Pope Francis appoints Rev Fr Samuel Nkuah-Boateng as Bishop of Wiawso Diocese
- Court threatens to strike out case against Agradaa
- Asiedu Nketia leads party delegation to attend Mahama-led lecture in UK