Ghana’s Isaac Dogboe has refuted claims his height is a disadvantage to his boxing career.
The 28-year-old has suffered three major defeats in the last five years, eventually losing the WBO Junior Lightweight title.
Dogboe lost back-to-back fights with Emanuel Navarrete before another defeat inflicted by Robeisy Ramirez who now holds the WBO Featherweight title.
Navarrete is 1.7M tall while Ramirez stands at 1.65m, both comparatively taller with a wider reach in the ring than Dogboe – 1.57m.
“If size mattered then I don’t think I will be in the sports. I don’t think I would have become a champion. I don’t think Tyson would become a champion either,” he told the press.
“This is how God made me and I used it to my own advantage and is been successful. God has been great and I am grateful for how I am.”
Dogboe, however, hopes to bounce back and become a world champion again in the coming years.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- Fire guts chain of mechanic shops at Asokwa in Kumasi
- Sleep well Aunty Ama Ata Aidoo and Thank You, Trudy
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Six women rescued in Nigeria ‘baby factory’ raid
- Theophilus Acheampong: Ghana and the IMF have struck a deal, but hard choices lie ahead
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, June 1, 2023
- OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Nigeria’s fuel subsidy: How the new president has shocked the nation
- Debt ceiling deal: US House overwhelmingly passes bill
- The Truman Show: Has a film ever predicted the future so accurately?
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- WAMI partners EMTECH Solutions to modernize fintech regulatory frameworks across West African Monetary Zone
- Ukraine war: Children die in new missile attack on Kyiv
- IMF should ask government how it has managed natural resources – Dr. Ashigbey
- Why the ‘back-up career’ is moving further out of reach