JoySports Editor, Nathaniel Attoh has paid glowing tribute to the late General Manager of Joy Brands at The Multimedia Group, Elvis Kwashie.
This was at a remembrance service at the forecourt of Joy FM where colleagues, family and friends had convened to share fond memories of the seasoned media practitioner.
Mr Kwashie died after a short illness at the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) on Tuesday, December 28, 2021.
Family members and sympathisers took turns to share fond memories of Elvis, affectionately called ‘The Real Boss’, on Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
In his own way, Nathaniel Attoh decided to perform a heartfelt elegy in which he lamented the loss of the man he considered a boss and friend.
“In utmost humility dear Lord, we the sons and daughters are tempted to ask the father – Why did you not listen to our prayerful cry?
“And drenched in the heartbreak our sore vocal chords almost chant W-H-Y ! For the once fluid River Koku Elvis Bonuede of living water has eternally run dry,” he said.
Prominent personalities such as the CEO of the Multimedia Group, Kwasi Twum, Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, President of the Ghana Journalists Association (GJA) Roland Affail Monney, among others.
About Elvis Kwashie
Elvis Kwashie was a seasoned professional with more than two decades of experience in media and communications, spanning print, online, radio and television.
Before rejoining the Group in 2010 as News Editor, Elvis worked with Metropolitan Life Insurance Ghana as the Head of Corporate Marketing & Communications.
Before that, he worked mainly as a journalist with the Multimedia Group Limited, Network Herald and Groove FM.
He had rich experience in recruiting, grooming, coaching and supervising reporters and correspondents across the country. Under his strong leadership, JoyNews has won more than 100 awards in the last 10 years, including two CNN African Journalist of the Year awards.
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- I’ve never met Sister Derby since we broke up – Medikal
- My mom had more female customers because of my voice – Camidoh
- ‘Hawala’ Method: This network enables terrorists to launder money in Europe
- Algerian Army Chief of Staff visits Paris
- It is possible to conclude Debt Exchange Programme without individual bondholders – Economist
- AFCON 2025: Morocco is better placed to host the African Cup Of Nations
- Australian Open: Aryna Sabalenka beats Elena Rybakina to win Melbourne title
- Debt Exchange engagements should have started earlier – Sylvester Tetteh
- Debt Exchange programme: Individual bondholders who refuse to participate will face no punitive action – Senyo Hosi
- Minority Leadership Change: We will address conflict – NDC Council of Elders
- Samuel Abu Jinapor urges private sector to own AfCFTA agenda
- COCOBOD’s plan to raise $3bn a ‘pipe-dream’; borrowing cost jumps to 10-year high – Bright Simons
- 14 taxes imposed on imported raw materials crippling manufacturing – GFL
- Usain Bolt fires business manager over Jamaica fraud case
- Wa SHTS students call for a break over fire outbreaks
- Court remands accountant over ¢69k fraud
- Kwabena Otuo Acheampong: Curbing student violence and vandalism