Audio By Carbonatix
The leadership of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) is set to look into complaints about the party’s bloated biometric register.
There has been controversy over the accuracy of the list of registered members from Atebubu, Ada and Ledzokuku Krowor constituencies.
Earlier this week, some party supporters at Ledzokuku Krowor destroyed registers meant for exhibition in the constituency.
The delegates, clad in red attire with some having red bands on their wrists and around their heads, gathered at the entrance of the party office preventing executives from exhibiting the register, which will be used for the party’s November 7, 2015 primaries.
According to the delegates, one of the aspiring candidates, Daniel Amartey Mensah, had infiltrated the register with over 3,000 foreign names.
They constituency delegates said the register therefore needed cleaning before its exhibition, adding that they would not vote until it was done.
Constituency Secretary for the NDC at Ledzokuku, Isaac Attipoe wants the party to investigate the claims.
“The constituency is expecting 8142 registered voters and not 11,000 as we are made to believe. Again we are asking for the explanation into where the 66 extra booklets came from. Daniel Amartey Mensah has been able to register members and as we speak now they are having their biometric NDC cards. So the question again is, where did Daniel Amartey Mensah get his cards from”, he queried.
But director of elections of the NDC, Samuel Ofosu Ampofo says although he is not convinced about the claims the party will investigate the issues.
“There is nothing like bloated register, this is NDC members within a constituency, the registration exercise started before the new executives came in and some of the registration was done by the old executives who couldn’t give the old data to the new executives.
“So the data that the current executives have is different from the data the old executives brought and these are disagreements we are trying to resolve”.
Mr Ampofo said the party is putting measures in place to ensure that issues arising with regards to the register will be addressed by Monday to allow the smooth running of the November 7 primaries.
He said all regional officers across the country are supervising the ongoing exhibition of the party’s register.
Latest Stories
-
GoldBod cannot make losses trading gold – Afenyo-Markin
3 minutes -
Papaye, KFC and Pizzaman customers among most targeted as TrustGH uncovers nearly 1,000 scam numbers cloning Google business profiles of major food chains
13 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: ‘We are in a tough group’ – Black Princesses’ Linda Owusu Ansah
20 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland
46 minutes -
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
58 minutes -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
1 hour -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
1 hour -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
1 hour -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
2 hours -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
2 hours -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
2 hours -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
2 hours -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
2 hours -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
2 hours -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
3 hours