Multimedia Group journalist, Kofi Adu Domfeh, has been selected as the 1st place winner of the 2015 APO Energy Media Award.
Kofi Domfeh, who is with Luv FM in Kumasi, is currently in Dubai on an all-expenses paid trip offered by APO to attend the Africa Energy Forum held in Dubai from 8-11 June 2015.
He has also won a year’s access to over 600 airport VIP lounges worldwide.
The APO Energy Media Award celebrates brilliant and inspiring stories about Energy in Africa.
The subject matter may comprise a single topic or a variety of subjects, including – but not limited to – oil, gas, electricity, geothermal energy, hydropower, solar energy, wind power, nuclear, coal, biomass and more.
Stories are judged on content, writing, analysis, creativity, human interest and community impact.
Kofi Adu Domfeh’s report entitled ‘Future Concern is No Longer About Energy Security But Climate Change’ stood out for the quality of the reporting, and the depth of analysis into Ghana’s efforts to diversify from fossil fuels and address climate change.
Domfeh’s report also gave voice to the many opinions of African experts and advocates in the energy sector.
“We warmly congratulate Kofi Adu Domfeh for winning the 2015 APO Energy Media Award. We hope that this experience at the Africa Energy Forum in Dubai will be a memorable one for him", comments Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard, APO Founder and CEO.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day