Ghana’s mobile money interoperability platform deployed just a week ago has the best solution for Africa according to Deputy Communications Minister, George Andah.
“It’s interesting that right now as far as the mobile money interoperability platform is concerned across Africa, Ghana has the best solution,” Mr Andah made known Wednesday on Upfront, a current affairs programme on the Joy News.
The Deputy Minister further disclosed that the success of the interoperability platform has attracted interests from Ghana’s close neighbour, Nigeria, who are “…currently studying the platform that we have and they are going to be implementing the similar solution that we have”.
Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia launched the first phase of the mobile money interoperability platform which enables mobile phone users to send money seamlessly and also move funds from their phones into bank accounts and the vice versa.
A second phase, which is expected to be rolled out in the next couple of months, will enable people to pay taxes as well as pay for government services such as passports and drivers’ license from their mobile devices.
This Mr Andah noted, will also reduce corruption by public officers who provide services to people.
“There is the speed of the transaction, there is security, there is a convenience that it’s offering and it is about addressing corruption and it’s really great,” he told the host, Raymond Acquah.
Watch the full programme below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Chinery-Hesse outdoored as C'wealth Business and Tech African Chair
- Support passage, enforce vigilante law – Akufo-Addo tells Police
- Driver, mate subjected to physical abuse in police custody - Lawyer
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: A transformed church, the world's only hope -Aps Etrue
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: The Holy Spirit is your life's utility player -Aps Miah
- Black Friday! Close to 90 perish in 2 separate accidents
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki
- Kintampo-Techiman road crash: 53 survived Friday fatality - Police
- Climate Week: Youth Groups across Africa march to demand immediate action
- 2 Dismissed Fire Service officers reinstated
- Nigeria, a sleeping tourism giant that needs awakening
- Anas frustrated by Police apathy in Hussein-Suale's murder probe
- Police request Parliament to release Ken Agyapong over assault complaint