Ghana’s mobile money interoperability platform deployed just a week ago has the best solution for Africa according to Deputy Communications Minister, George Andah.
“It’s interesting that right now as far as the mobile money interoperability platform is concerned across Africa, Ghana has the best solution,” Mr Andah made known Wednesday on Upfront, a current affairs programme on the Joy News.
The Deputy Minister further disclosed that the success of the interoperability platform has attracted interests from Ghana’s close neighbour, Nigeria, who are “…currently studying the platform that we have and they are going to be implementing the similar solution that we have”.
Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia launched the first phase of the mobile money interoperability platform which enables mobile phone users to send money seamlessly and also move funds from their phones into bank accounts and the vice versa.
A second phase, which is expected to be rolled out in the next couple of months, will enable people to pay taxes as well as pay for government services such as passports and drivers’ license from their mobile devices.
This Mr Andah noted, will also reduce corruption by public officers who provide services to people.
“There is the speed of the transaction, there is security, there is a convenience that it’s offering and it is about addressing corruption and it’s really great,” he told the host, Raymond Acquah.
Watch the full programme below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence