Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia on Friday joined the National Chief Imam and fellow Muslims at the Central Mosque in Abossey Okai for Jummah and a special thanksgiving prayer.
The special thanksgiving prayer was to thank the Allah for the blessings bestowed on Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu, who turns 100 on Tuesday, April 23.
After the weekly congregational Jummah prayer, the Chief Imam led the thanksgiving duas, and gave glory to his maker for his life as well as the continuous peace granted Ghanaians.
He also prayed for the prosperity of the country, as well as for Allah to grant the leadership of this country more wisdom to steer the affairs of the nation.
The congregation including the Vice President Bawumia thanked Allah for granting the Chief Imam long life, good health and wisdom.
They also prayed for Allah to continue to grant the National Chief Imam good health so that the country would continue to benefit from his invaluable advice and guidance.
The thanksgiving prayer formally starts a series of programs lined up for the commemoration of the centenary celebrations of Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu.
On the morning of his birthday, a public lecture will be held in his honour in Accra and the keynote speaker will be Dr. Mohammed Ibn Chambas, United Nations General Secretary's Special Representative for West Africa and the Sahel.
He will speak on the theme "Advancement of modern Ghanaian society through peace, tolerance and development."
The special guest for the lecture is Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia with a number of national leaders, including some former Presidents, also expected to attend.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched
- Photos: Methodist Girls' SHS wins 2019 World ROBOFEST competition
- That's My Opinion: If it's good in America then it's good in Ghana?
- Photos: Ayariga fears for his cars after 45-mins rain
- Man chooses jail over going home to wife
- Church terror scare: Sunday school children are easy targets - Police
- Adopt positive attitude towards Ghana's dev't - Papa Owusu-Ankomah
- Two staff at Office of Special Prosecutor allegedly steal fuel
- Thousands of Burkinabes flee to Ghana over unrest
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, May 20, 2019
- Private BECE results released
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now