Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia on Friday joined the National Chief Imam and fellow Muslims at the Central Mosque in Abossey Okai for Jummah and a special thanksgiving prayer.
The special thanksgiving prayer was to thank the Allah for the blessings bestowed on Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu, who turns 100 on Tuesday, April 23.
After the weekly congregational Jummah prayer, the Chief Imam led the thanksgiving duas, and gave glory to his maker for his life as well as the continuous peace granted Ghanaians.
He also prayed for the prosperity of the country, as well as for Allah to grant the leadership of this country more wisdom to steer the affairs of the nation.
The congregation including the Vice President Bawumia thanked Allah for granting the Chief Imam long life, good health and wisdom.
They also prayed for Allah to continue to grant the National Chief Imam good health so that the country would continue to benefit from his invaluable advice and guidance.
The thanksgiving prayer formally starts a series of programs lined up for the commemoration of the centenary celebrations of Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu.
On the morning of his birthday, a public lecture will be held in his honour in Accra and the keynote speaker will be Dr. Mohammed Ibn Chambas, United Nations General Secretary's Special Representative for West Africa and the Sahel.
He will speak on the theme "Advancement of modern Ghanaian society through peace, tolerance and development."
The special guest for the lecture is Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia with a number of national leaders, including some former Presidents, also expected to attend.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Media houses join hands in #DefendMediaFreedom campaign
- Immediate past IGP not free of contempt charges – Srem-Sai
- Efforts to end water scarcity must be science-driven – Expert
- That’s My Opinion: ’Good citizens are not born’
- Video: Adenta-Madina residents refuse to use highway footbridge
- Medical report declaring MP murder suspect sane for trial challenged
- Afoko contempt case: IGP, CID boss fail to show up on judgement day again
- Akufo-Addo directs IGP Apeatu to hand over to deputy
- World Population Day: Support, empower adolescents in fight against teenage pregnancies
- Danger! LPG cylinders' safety compromised
- CID investigation in Bissue’s case ‘unhelpful distraction’ - Tiger Eye
- Probe Suale’s death - US Embassy
- Water insecurity across the world on increasing – USAID
- Harvesting rainwater best method to ensure water availability for all – Entrepreneur