President Akufo-Addo is commiserating with the family of Major General Francis Vib-Sanziri, Ghanaian Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF).
He passed away on Friday, April 19, in Israel.
In a press release hours after the announcement of the death, President Akufo-Addo who said he is saddened by the new extended “heartfelt condolences to his widow, Commissioner of Police Beatrice Vib-Sanziri.”
“To his children and family, to the Minister for Defence, Chief of Defence Staff, Chief of Army Staff, officers, men and women of the Ghana Armed Forces, and to UN Secretary General António Guterres, and members of UNDOF.
He added that “Our nation has lost a fine, dedicated, professional military officer, who served his country and the global community with distinction. His was, certainly, a distinguished military career.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Newspaper headlines: Thursday, June 20, 2019
- DVLA, Guinness Ghana roll out new module to check drunk driving
- Tema: One person feared dead after loaded truck runs into wall
- Man ordered to compensate ex-wife for 27 years of house chores
- ACEP cautions PURC over delay to release new power tariffs
- A sleepy island paradise's most showstopping sights
- Int’l environmental organisations join opposition to mine in Atewa forest
- Ga West Municipal Assembly auctions 4 "arrested" goats for ¢665
- BOST signs Collective Bargaining Agreement with Senior Staff
- Ethiopian Airlines is Africa’s Best Airline for 3rd consecutive year
- Stereotyping Nigerians: High Commissioner was right to caution media
- Judge summons IGP, CID boss as contempt looms
- Sonrise fails to shine as Pope John record first NSMQ win in two years
- A few Nigerians committing crimes in Ghana - Dr Antwi Danso
- Agyenim Boateng blasts CID for arresting Nigerian professor