This is the moment a drunk driver tried to dance his way out of a DUI arrest.
Christopher Larson, 33, was confronted by a police deputy in Holiday, Florida who found him sleeping behind the wheel of his running truck with his foot on the brake.
Larson appears to bust out some fancy dance moves to evade arrest – but needless to say, the deputy was not impressed.
According to police, Larson was found to have had a .28 blood alcohol content (BAC), which is triple the legal limit in Florida, which is .08.
When the officer found Larson asleep behind the wheel, he knocked on the window and shouted for some time before he finally woke up, according to Fox 13.
At that time, Larson seemed disorientated and waved to the police officer, the arrest report says. When Larson got out of his truck, he did not realize that it was still running and it began to roll forward.
The officer was able to jump in just in time to stop it from hitting a gate it was idling in front of.
The deputy administered a field sobriety test and asked Larson to complete some simple tasks to demonstrate his motor control – but instead Larson busted a couple moves.
‘This gentleman started to not take it seriously. He started dancing and while some citizens may find that funny, we don’t at the sheriff’s office.
When asked to walk a straight line, Larson begins side-stepping and bouncing in the manner of a man who is unaware he is about to be taken to jail.
The deputy asks Larson if he is ‘complete with the exercise,’ but he just mumbles and continues his shuffle.
He was eventually arrested and told the deputy that he thought he was in Clearwater, Florida – not Holiday.
Larson later spoke with Fox 13 and said he would not call what he in the video dancing and would not comment on the arrest.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- The holiday destination no one has heard of
- Assistant U.S. Secretary of State for Consular Affairs visits Ghana
- 7 die in gory accident as vehicle plunges into valley
- Bright Minds Foundation to provide housing, financial support to defiled 13-yr-old
- Video: Customers storm Zoe Outreach Embassy to demand locked-up investment
- Ace Ankomah finds a cause to rant in Takoradi
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed
- Let’s collaborate to run mission schools - Presbyterian University president to govt
- GNPC Foundation secures scholarship for students in rural communities
- Ex-convict sent back to prison for stealing
- Retired army officer criticises presser on Canadian girls’ rescue
- Odumase police investigate alleged lynching of unidentified man
- 94-year-old World War II veteran gets high school diploma
- Spending time in nature boosts health, study finds
- ENA calls for gov’t support for persons living with albinism