A Gender Based Court has rescinded a bench warrant issued for the arrest of Kofi Owusu Hene, aka Kofi Kapito, Chief Executive Officer of the Consumer Protection Agency (CPA).
“Sir, I have rescinded the bench warrant. Next time, you will not be lucky, ” the trial Judge, Mrs Christina Cann said when court sitting resumed on Thursday, October 20, 2022.
The accused is said to have reported early to court because of the pending bench warrant.
The Court last Tuesday, issued a warrant for the arrest of Kofi Kapito after he had failed to appear before it.
When the Court started hearing the matter, Madam Nana Yaa Ayewa Dwumfour, the first prosecution witness and the complainant, mounted the witness box.
She tendered her witness statement and was cross-examined by Kofi Kapito’s lawyers.
The CEO of CPA is being held on the charges of deprivation of the use of property of deceased persons, engaging in domestic violence to wit Economic Abuse and causing unlawful damage.
The accused is alleged to have deprived his late brother’s wife a house the couple had jointly acquired allegedly at Ogbojo, near East Legon and said to have threatened to dispose off the property, which the deceased’s wife has interest in.
He has denied all the charges and is on bail.
The matter has been adjourned to October 25.
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- Bank of Ghana has printed over GH¢50bn in one year – Minority Leader
- Ghana’s economy to rebound in 2024 – IMF
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- Presidency spent GH¢15m on car tyres and batteries between Jan and Sept. 2022 – Ablakwa
- DDE: State regulators accommodating fiscal slippages is what has brought us here – Prof. Bokpin
- What warranted the payment of Covid risk allowances to staff of Ministry of Information? – Sammy Gyamfi asks
- UniMAC-GIJ to hold 4th inter-faculty lecture
- Livestream: PM Express discusses how to fix our schools of shame
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- Over 65 African researchers have received more than $1.5m for NTD research
- Joy Clean Ghana Campaign: AMA environmental health officers attacked by traders at Agbogbloshie
- James Gunn on Henry Cavill Superman exit and DCU future
- Ghanaian Disc Jockey LeonardoDDJ hits half a million monthly listeners on Spotify
- Insist on seeing street food vendors’ permit before buying from them – FDA to Public
- Selling old individual bonds before maturity date is not advisable – John Kumah
- DDE: Individual bondholders on pension to protest on Feb. 6 for exemption
- Chaka Demus and Pliers feature Ghanaian singer Renner on Young Gyal Business
- We will settle cases in line with the Law – Buipe Traditional Council assures Chieftaincy Affairs Minister
- FIPAG apologises for actor Yaw Dabo’s ‘lazy people watch movies’ comment
- Excise Duty Bill: Broader consultation needed to prevent decline in business confidence – AmCham to Finance Ministry