The great Paris Saint-Germain penalty soap opera took another twist on Saturday after the Ligue 1 pacesetters were awarded their first spot-kick since the infamous bust-up between Edinson Cavani and Neymar earlier this month.
For anyone not keeping pace, the world’s most expensive player and the former Napoli striker were involved in an embarrassing on-field feud over penalty-taking responsibilities during a routine win over Lyon.
Their actions were condemned by manager Unai Emery but the pair’s efforts to downplay the suggestion of a major fallout were undermined by stories of Neymar demanding Cavani be sold and PSG offering the Uruguay international a bonus to give up taking penalties.
No PSG penalty drama this time!
Neymar gets Cavani's blessing to take it and boy does he take it well ðŸ‘ watch the Brazilian's eyes ðŸ‘€ pic.twitter.com/raUI4JPzbY
— Goal UK (@GoalUK) September 30, 2017
All eyes were therefore on the Parc des Princes on Saturday when Bordeaux’s Otavio was adjudged to have hand-balled as he jumped to chest the ball out of the box.
With the home side already 3-1 to the good Cavani could, perhaps, afford to be in a charitable mood an allowed Neymar the chance to step forward and score his second goal of another one-sided encounter.
Moments later Julian Draxler scored a fifth to underline the fact that it really shouldn’t matter who is on penalty duties for PSG this season so utterly dominant are they at present.
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- Social media reacts to Shatta Wale and Medikal bail
- NSMQ 2021 national championship starts today
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
Akufo-Addo declares his support for first female vice-chancellor of UG
Livestream: Ashanti Regional NPP holds Delegates’ Conference
Former Kotoko striker Kwame Opoku warns Hearts not to underrate Saoura
Government provides funds to complete first phase of KNUST Teaching Hospital
I want to wear the jersey of Kotoko – Asamoah Gyan hints at possible last dance with ‘childhood’ club
Ofori-Atta to present 2022 Budget on Nov. 17
Prayer camps should be incentivised to bring breast cancer patients to hospital – Okoe Boye
South Sudan Sports Minister calls on Executive Director of National Service Scheme
‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Provide strategic direction to IGP to build a professional service – Akufo-Addo charges Police Council
Inter-ministerial AU-ECOWAS Consultative workshop on implementing CSVRA, CSVMS opens in Accra
‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail
New Vice-Chancellor appeals to Akufo-Addo to help clear UG’s loans
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Anyimadu-Antwi backs Speaker’s decision to make sitting public
Man stumbles on mother’s apology letter to father after 28 years