Contests for the Preliminary Stage of the 2021 National Maths and Science Quiz (NSMQ) have been announced.
The prelims, as it is popularly known, will pitch schools that qualify at the regional stage against each other as they battle it out for a position at the one-eighth stage of the competition.
The contending schools at this stage of the competition became known after a balloting process held on Tuesday, October 19, at the launch of the annual quiz in Accra.
The prelims is expected to begin on Tuesday, October 26, with schools in the Greater Accra Region and end on November 5 with schools in the Ashanti region.
The competitions will take place in various regions.
Schools that qualify at the prelims will join the seeded schools at the one-eighth stage of the competition which will be held at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
See the schedule for the contests below:
- NSMQ 2021: ‘Learn to lose graciously’ – Primetime replies Presec on ‘raw deal’ claims
- Police issues warrant for the arrest of Nhyiaeso MP
- Ex-military man shoots 2 children over rent issues with their father
- ‘E-levy is not compulsory; if you don’t want to pay, don’t do ‘MoMo’ – Carlos Ahenkorah
- GOIL withdraws from Association of OMCs over accusations of government interference in fuel price review
- 2 new banks coming soon – Banking Consultant
- Prempeh College’s interactive screen was locked through no fault of theirs during NSMQ finale – Primetime Limited reveals
- GOIL denies government’s hand in latest fuel price review
- 3 school children die in accident, others in critical condition
- ‘I love Burna Boy’s verse on ‘Second Sermon’ – Black Sherif amidst remix controversy
‘Bring innovation to farming’ – Karaga MP urges winners of 2021 Farmers Day at Pishugu
We don’t need Wizkid’s platform, We have to work hard – R2Bees
Special Prosecutor to set up Ghana Corruption League Table in 2022
Sustain momentum of Green Ghana Project – Youth Bridge Foundation to government
First Lady’s Cup: Hasaacas seek fifth major trophy against Ampem Darkoa
WGPL: GFA releases fixtures for 2021/22 season
We are currently investigating 31 corruption cases – Special Prosecutor
Full text: Special Prosecutor’s speech on World Anti-Corruption Day
Prices of goods could skyrocket by 25% – Food and Beverages Association
Playback: Office of the Special Prosecutor holds International Anti-Corruption Day
Inflation to remain elevated in coming months – Report
Meet the Nigerian artist illustrating the human experience with a ballpoint pen
Ethiopia war: UN halts food aid in two towns after warehouses looted
Congratulations on your sterling 2021 WASSCE performance – GES to candidates
What is social media saying about Carlos Ahenkorah’s E-levy comment?