Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana’s Black Starlets coach, Fred Osam Duodo has said that his side was cheated in their 1-2 semi final loss to host Togo in the African U-17 Championship game played at the Kegue Stadium on Tuesday.
The coach has focused all blame at the door steps of the Cameroonian referee Omgba Zing who handled the game.
Coach Duodo told the media after the game that “I don’t want to answer questions because we got cheated by the referee.
“He intimidated my boys with unwarranted cards and that made them too cautious to even play their game plan.
“One of our players was even fouled during a goal-mouth struggle which gave Togo the second goal but which the referee blatantly ignored.
”We also had a penalty ignored and severally got punished for no wrong done. We feel cheated and unable to accept the results”.
Referee Zing had been at the centre of inconsistencies when Ghana lost to Nigeria 0-2 at the last group game and the Starlets had done all but publicly protest his usage in the game.
Coach Duodo had a few harsh words for the host who will alongside Ghana, Nigeria and Tunisia represent Africa at the world summit in the Republic of Korea later in the month.
“I will advise my neighbors to prepare well for the World Cup because I have been there and clearly know the consequences of using the back door to get results”.
Ghana relinquished an early lead to lose the game 1-2 to the Young Hawks of Togo.
The Starlets who were nursing a dream of making it treble in the history of the competition did not live up to their potential throughout the the game.
Ghana will next meet Tunisia who were beating 2-0 by Nigeria for the third place position.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Congo police fire warning shots in burial dispute after suspected Ebola death
1 minute -
Security officers involved in galamsey will face the law — Lands Ministry
3 minutes -
Keta MCE supports Keta FC with GH¢10,000 ahead of Middle League
4 minutes -
Livestream: JoyNews National Dialogue on Ghana’s youth and climate change
6 minutes -
Wontumi’s fate near as court gives final deadline for witnesses
7 minutes -
We have done no wrong – Group Ndoum says following court victory
9 minutes -
Dr. Gideon Boako warns banks may reject some forex deposits from next month
10 minutes -
Where typewriters still matter: The business keeping Kumasi’s old keyboard alive
10 minutes -
Growth in money supply slows down in April 2026 – BoG
21 minutes -
Ashaiman: Private developer demolishes traders properties to reclaim land
23 minutes -
“BoG failed to follow the appropriate steps before revocation of GN Savings and Loans’ licence”
31 minutes -
Ankaful Prison officers undergo Emergency Response Training to boost disaster preparedness
32 minutes -
Residents scramble for meat after train kills two cows at Avenor in Accra
32 minutes -
Vanessa Trump, former wife of Donald Trump Jr, diagnosed with breast cancer
45 minutes -
GSA to launch digital App for consumers to scan and identify non-standard products
48 minutes