Paramount Chief of Denkyira Traditional Area in the Central Region, Odeefuo Boa-Amponsem III has died.
The news of the death of the world’s second longest serving monarch was announced by the Denkyira Traditional Council, Friday.
Acting President of the Denkyira Traditional Council, Nana Agyei Bluer who confirmed the demise of the chief at a news conference entreated the people of Denkyira to be in a state of mourning.
Per arrangments, the Traditional Council has placed a three-day ban on noise making at social gatherings and political activities as the late monarch is mourned.
"We acknowledge the on-going intense political activities and campaigns by political parties, however, political parties, churches, and other relevant activities are banned from noise making for the three days," the Traditional Council has said.
The three days started from Friday 2nd December and ends on Monday 4th December 2016.
Odeefuo Boa-Amponsem III, 94, was the 25th King of the Great State of Denkyira. He was enstooled in 1955 as the Paramount Chief of Denkyira and has ruled for 60 years.
He was once the President of the Central Regional House of Chiefs as well as the National House of Chiefs.
The former King was also a member of the Constituent Assembly that drafted the Constitution of the Fourth Republic of Ghana.
- You dare not close down schools – Mahama tells Education Minister
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Goats ate seedlings planted under Green Ghana project because they were not protected – Environmentalist
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- Ghana has no system to register Mohammedan marriages – Dwomoh
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Corruption has defeated you and your family – Asiedu Nketiah tells Akufo-Addo
- Ada boat disaster: Owner arrested for overloading boat – NADMO
- Appiatse support fund bags GHC62million
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- French Embassy celebrates Francophonie week with a walk in Accra
- It is difficult to point out where the 20 million trees planted under Green Ghana are – Terungwa
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy to feature on Morgan Heritage’s ‘The Homeland’
- ‘Africa can offer support to the ICC’ says Dame at Justice Ministers’ Conference in London
- Pregnant woman fills potholes on Obuasi road
- Tonto steps down, Funke Akindele loses, Desmond Elliot wins – 7 celebrities in Nigeria’s 2023 election
- Rupert Murdoch set to marry for fifth time at 92
- US aid worker and French journalist kidnapped in Niger released
- Bruce Willis’s wife speaks of her grief at his dementia on his 68th birthday