Arsenal midfielder Thomas Partey will need a scan on an ankle injury he sustained during Sunday’s 2-1 pre-season defeat by Chelsea.
Partey, 28, limped off during the first half following a tackle by Blues midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
“At the moment it’s not looking good because he was in pain and he could not continue which, for Thomas, is pretty unusual,” said manager Mikel Arteta.
Arsenal travel to Brentford in their Premier League opener on 13 August.
And Arteta has ruled out selling midfielder Granit Xhaka before the transfer window shuts at the end of this month.
The Switzerland international, who scored the equaliser against Chelsea in his first appearance of pre-season, has been heavily linked with a move to Roma.
“Granit is going to stay with us,” said Arteta. “He is a player who we rate and value so much. He’s a key member of our squad.
“He wanted to play today and I think it’s clear commitment from his side that he wants to be here.”
Tammy Abraham scored the winner for Chelsea at Emirates Stadium, pouncing on Hector Bellerin’s loose pass before firing home from just inside the area with 18 minutes left.
Xhaka’s header had brought Arsenal level just three minutes earlier, cancelling out Kai Havertz’s first-half opener.
Arteta’s side thought they had levelled late on when Joe Willock’s shot hit the underside of the bar and appeared to bounce over the line, but goalline technology was not in use and the goal was not given.
Summer signings Ben White, Albert Sambi Lokonga and Nuno Tavares all came on as substitutes for their home debuts.
England international White, a £50m capture from Brighton, was quickly into the action, doing well to clear Hakim Ziyech’s effort off the line early in the second half.
More than 20,000 fans attended the game following the relaxation of UK government coronavirus restrictions, the biggest attendance at the ground since March 2020.
- Takoradi woman faked pregnancy and kidnap – Regional Minister
- Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
- ‘Vaccines as a tool for immigration control is retrogressive’ – Akufo-Addo
- Provisional census results peg Ghana’s population at 30.8m – Statistical Service
- Takoradi missing woman: Neighbours, husband dispute Regional Minister’s claim she faked pregnancy, kidnap
- Suspected thief made to weed acres of land as punishment at Bibiani
- There are still more women in Ghana than men – 2021 PHC by GSS
- 10 dogs maul 2-year-old pupil to death in school compound
- Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
- Guinea coup: Military junta willing to see to Condé’s release – Akufo-Addo
Man 47, allegedly defiles 10-year-old girl
Two drivers feared dead, 5 injured in multiple-vehicle accident at Gomoa
Biden pledges 500m more Covid-19 vaccine doses to developing world
Fuse ODG tops Ghanaian songs with over 10M+ streams on Spotify
My new single ‘Awurade Ye’ is everyone’s prayer song – Diana Hamilton
Falling standard of education: MP promises goodies for best performing BECE candidates in 2021
Carabao Cup fourth-round draw: Manchester City face West Ham, Arsenal host Leeds
West Ham knock out Man Utd to reach fourth round of EFL Cup
Chelsea beat Villa in EFL Cup shootout
Atiwa East NPP raises concerns over ongoing membership registration drive
Ghana’s Covid-19 death toll now 1,130
2 arrested for WASSCE fraud
Social media cause of the decline in Ghanaian movies – Mercy Asiedu
Ablakwa’s position on Akufo-Addo’s flight borne out of political mischief – Afenyo-Markin
Playback: PM Express – A conversation with Agric Minister