Sapholda Ventures Limited, one of the most efficient and experienced freight forwarding companies in Tema, stunned the Athletics Oval after winning the coveted Men's Football trophy at the 2017 Joy Sports Invitational tournament on Saturday.
The company also won the Women’s penalty shootout, Ladies 50 meters dash, Men and Women 4x100m relay as well as Women Arm-wrestling. Sapholda claimed six trophies to see off competition from nine other crack teams.
Sapholda have thus dethroned Emigoh Ghana as the defending champion of the men's football competition.
However, Multimedia Group Limited failed to annex any trophy.
The most credible and reliable corporate games in Ghana, the Joy Sports Invitational has seen increased participation in the last 10 years.
CEOs and staff swooped on to the Athletics Oval from as early as 6 am. The were several games to contest including football, Volleyball and Table tennis.
Football – Sapholda
Women’s penalty shootout – Sapholda
Ladies 50 meters dash – Sapholda
Men 100 meters – McDan
Men 4X100m relay – Sapholda
Women 4X100m relay – Sapholda
Volley Ball – Izwe Loans (Picture Below)
Table Tennis – Process and Plants (Picture Below)
Arm-wrestling (men) – Escort
Arm-wrestling (women) – Sapholda
The 2017 Joy Sports Invitational (JSI 2017) was a well-patronised event that continued a rich, over a decade-long tradition of bringing corporate Ghana together to ease off the working stress in a productive way.
There were 10 companies present.
The event was proudly sponsored by McDan and Pepsi.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Minority not against National Cathedral – Haruna Iddrisu
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds
- Vodafone scoops 5 honours at National Communications Awards
- Oxford University partners Ghana Gold Expo to promote CSR
- Stars in Worship 2022: A night of pure worship and gifts
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Ghana to host 1st Ultimate Entrepreneur Competition
- Belgium’s Eden Hazard announces international retirement
- World Lottery boss, other global lottery leaders in Ghana for ‘NLA@60’
- Reduction of benchmark discount may have contributed to rising inflation – Deloitte
- Dilapidated Adjiringanor ADMA Basic School becoming a death trap
- Over 100 injured in Spanish train collision
- George Addo Jnr: Otto Addo leaves behind a Black Stars squad pregnant with titles
- Ghana need IMF badly, return to Fund will improve government’s fiscal position – Deloitte
- China rolls back strict Covid rules after protests
- World Cup 2022: Croatia ready to challenge ‘terrifying favourites’ Brazil – Zlatko Dalic