The Police in Ashanti region says they have arrested three suspects seen in a viral video that showed four boys attempting to rape a girl who appeared to be a minor.
Public Relations Officer of the Kumasi Command, ASP Juliana Obeng, revealed that the suspects are students – one in Junior High School (JHS) and two in Senior High School (SHS).
"Their names are being held for very good reasons," the Public Relations Officer told Joy News' Evans Mensah Monday.
The three were arrested last Saturday at their various homes in Bantama, s suburb in Kumasi.
"It looks like they are all minors," she said and revealed four more are at large.
She said the victim is in the care of the police and is receiving psychological help. The victim has also be issued medical forms for assessment.
The Police has asked the public to desist from circulating the video.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators
- #OccupJulorbiHouse: Citizens’ rights above that of President, IGP – Kofi Bentil
- Parts of Accra flooded during Friday’s downpour