The Central Regional Police Command has commenced investigations into the recent bullion van robbery attack at Gomoa Okyereko on the Kasoa–Winneba road in the Central Region on Thursday.
This was revealed by Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Irene Serwaa Oppong in an interview with AdomNews.
A police officer seated at the front passenger seat on Thursday evening nearly lost his life when an armed group attacked the van conveying some money to a bank in the area.
The robbers, however, missed their shot thereby shattering the window in the process.
After the bullion van driver sped off with the money, the Winneba Police Patrol team dispatched to Mpata Junction rushed to the scene.
They engaged the robbers in a gun battle forcing the armed robbers to flee the scene.
Although the robbers are run away, DSP Irene Serwaa Oppong has assured that the criminals will be captured and prosecuted.
This attack comes on the back of similar attack at Adedenkpo, near James Town in Accra.
A police officer, Constable Emmanuel Osei, who escorted the bullion van and a bystander, Afua Badu, were shot to death.
Another police officer was killed while on escort duty on the Adansi Fomena road in the Ashanti Region.
The group of armed men, a total of 10, shot Lance Corporal Martin Babah in bullion van he was escorting.
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Government commits GH¢30m into implementation of the National Rental Assistance Scheme
- Messi says World Cup trophy ‘called out’ to him
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Would you flirt with your boss for a salary increase?
- I implore industry players to get closer to Agya Koo Nimo – Kwabena Kwabena
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- You’re not alone – Kalybos mourns with Ahuofe Patri after her mum’s passing
- Otumfuo pledges to support Alan Kyerematen’s flagbearership bid with prayers
- Government’s challenges with new school curriculum due to improper planning – Selorm Branttie
- Statistical Service, Vodafone and Flowminder Foundation renew Data for Good partnership
- Vodafone Healthline Spin-off: Young beneficiary regains the use of her fingers
- COCOBOD optimistic of recovering over GH₵7m locked up investment in defunct GN Bank
- Scores of Burkinabes flee to Ghana following attacks by suspected terrorists
- U.S. and Ghana governments partner to improve fish standards
- Ing. Herbert O. A. Quaynor