Police in southern Nigeria says they’ve launched a manhunt for two Catholic priests who were kidnapped at the weekend in Edo state.
The two men – Father Udo Peter and Father Philemon Oboh – were abducted by gunmen along a motorway linking the cities of Benin and Auchi.
It comes a week after gunmen killed a priest, Father Christopher Odia, near Auchi.
In a separate development, the authorities in the north-western state of Zamfara, have recruited more than 9,000 people who they call “community protection guards” to fight criminals.
At the end of last month, the state governor urged people to buy guns to defend themselves against so-called bandits.
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- King Charles and late Queen will both feature on new 50p coins
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess
- Orange Corners Ghana celebrates graduation of 45 entrepreneurs
- UT’s loans in less than 48 hours saved many businesses from collapse – Amoabeng
- Medical Laboratory Workers’ Union to hold AGM
- Spotlight on Ghana – Cuba bilateral relations
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- I bought an iPhone at Circle but went home to find a Nokia – Comedian Jacinta
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- Luv Fm-DBS-Republic Bank Habitat Fair kicks off in Kumasi