President John Mahama says the last thing the governing National Democratic Congress (NDC) would take for granted is the goodwill it enjoys from residents of Volta Region.
Although the President acknowledged that there remains a lot to be done, he said there are visible projects to testify for the commitment of his government in the Region.
He pledged to work harder if he is given a second term to improve the economic fortunes of residents of the Region.
The President made these remarks when he cut the sod for commencement of construction works on phase II of the Ho Airport, Friday.
President Mahama has been widely criticised by his political opponents for "mismanaging" the resources entrusted to his care. He is accused of doing little in the Volta Region despite the place being the NDC's stronghold.
But President Mahama said he has delivered to the people of the Region in his first term than the eight years of the NPP.
He dared the NPP to make public its achievements over the eight years of former President John Agyekum Kufuor for Ghanaians to draw the comparison.
The President said he has undertaken roads projects, small town water systems, electrification, construction of a university, and campuses as some of his achievements in the Region
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Dagbon protests: New region will not affect traditional boundaries – Dan Botwe
- Emir of Qatar lauds Akufo-Addo for ‘governing Ghana well’
- Ministerial nominees to be vetted by specific committees - Prof Mike Ocquaye
- Mahama promises law to regulate 'galamsey' if elected president
- OccupyGhana educates NPP MP on Right to Information Bill
- Speaker to name, shame MPs who are always late
- Office of Special Prosecutor: L.I. reaches Parliament – Gov't claims
- Akufo-Addo’s Free SHS policy law plan a joke – Minority
- NDC 'astonished' at President's 'my appointees are clean claim'
- Photo story: Furious Thursday turns to funny Monday at Adentan demo
- Kojo Bonsu pledges to make NDC 'most attractive party'
- ‘It’s long overdue’: MP accuses gov't of feet-dragging over anti-graft law
- Akufo-Addo leaves for a day's visit to Qatar
- NPP Youth Organiser elected IYDU Vice Chair
- Mahama takes campaign tour to Ashanti Region