President John Atta Mills has set up a Brand Ghana office to co-ordinate the development of a compelling national image for Ghana and has appointed Mr. Mathias Akotia, a brand marketing consultant and adjunct lecturer at GIMPA, as the Chief Executive Officer of the Brand Ghana office.
Mr. Akotia brings to this new role his vast experience working on commercial and corporate brands and demonstrated achievements at the highest levels of international brand management. He has several publications on brands and branding in peer reviewed journals.
Mr. Akotia, whose management career began with Unilever, later joined British America Tobacco (BAT) rising to become Brand Marketing Director, BAT Central-West Africa. Mr. Akotia has also worked with BAT-Kenya, BAT-West Africa and, was one-time Managing Director of Pioneer Aluminum Factory, Tema.
A member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, Mr. Akotia has won several “excellence” citations, culminating in the award of BAT’s prestigious Sir Albert Levy Award for Marketing Excellence.
Mr. Akotia holds an MPhil in Marketing and is completing a PhD progamme at the University of Ghana in Internal Branding and Performance Culture.
The Brand Ghana office is located within the Former Parliamentary Ministry office building at the State House.
Source: Koku Anyidoho, Head, Communications (at the Presidency)
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- I’m not expecting much from Hearts of Oak in Africa because of inconsistency – Amankwa Mireku
- We’re long past the state of emergency – Kofi Bentil on galamsey
- Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- Nigerian child killed in ‘bullet-proof’ charm test
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’
- The Countess of Wessex visits DRC to show urgent need to tackle sexual violence in conflict
- 843 KNUST Mastercard Foundation scholars benefit from short courses
- Your directive to SIGA D-G unnecessary – Clement Apaak tells Akufo-Addo
- Weija-Gbawe Assembly provides safe havens for displaced flood victims