Asante Kotoko have one more chance to enjoy continental football as they prepare for a first leg playoffs battle with Algerian side ES Setif in Accra on Sunday.
The Porcupine Warriors were on course for a group stage appearance in the CAF Champions League but were controversially knocked out by Sudanese side Al Hilal.
Last season, they faced a similar but less controversial predicament. They were knocked out of the CAF Champions League in the first round by Tunisian side Etoile du Sahel.
They dropped into the CAF Confederation Cup as a result but were knocked out by Ivorian side San Pedro in the playoffs.
If they record a victory over the Black Eagles, they will move on step closer to a CAF Confederation Cup group stage appearance for the first time since 2019.
What is the kickoff time?
The match will start at exactly 15:00 GMT.
Current form of both teams
The Porcupine Warriors have lost just one of their last five games in all competitions.
After beating Ebusua Dwarfs 1-0 away from home Abdul Gazale’s men suffered a shocking 1-0 home defeat to Aduana Stars.
The Kumasi-based side followed the result with a 0-0 draw with AshantiGold and consecutive victories over Inter Allies and Karela United.
They are currently top of the Ghana Premier League log.
The Black Eagles have also lost just one of their last five matches in all competitions.
After losing 1-0 to MC Alger, ES Setif followed with a labored 1-0 away win over CS Constantine.
They then recorded consecutive draws with Olympique Medea and CR Belouizdad. The Algerian powerhouses recorded a 4-1 win over MC Oran afterwards.
ES Setif are currently top of the Algerian top flight.
The hosts do not have any major problems ahead of the game.
After going through a PCR test in Ghana, the team have tested negative for COVID-19 and are ready for the clash.
• ES Setif have lost just one of their last 10 matches (W7 D2 L1). During that period, they have scored 17 goals and conceded just four.
• ES Setif have lost just one league game this season. They have played 12 games (W8 D3 L1).
• Asante Kotoko have lost two of their last six home matches in the league.
• The Porcupine Warriors have lost three of their last ten matches (W4 D3 L3). They have scored eight during that period and conceded six.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Sack Ashanti Region NSS boss; he is unfit to be director in public service – GRNMA tells government
- Spotify Wrapped 2022: Burna Boy, Black Sherif are the most streamed artistes in Ghana
- YEA partners INZAG Germany to employ over 700 artisans ￼
- Dansworld Services adjudged best Environment and Sanitation company at 2022 AGI awards
- “2006 World Cup Squad was not afraid of games” – Appiah
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- IMF team to visit Ghana on December 1, 2022
- Ghana Kidney Association celebrates 50 years of Dialysis
- Let’s salute Ghanaian farmers – NAFCO boss
- PFAG unhappy about failure of 2023 budget in tackling key constraints in Agric sector
- Government to set up task force on rivers to end illegal mining
- We must address the inequalities holding back Ghana’s AIDS response – HFFG
- Save our funds and investments – Concerned members of HCCUL
- Come to our aid – SOGASCO calls for help
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Sustainable energy expert of Ghanaian descent appointed to US President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa