Volta Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Yao Letsa on Tuesday called on the people of Avenor Traditional Area to reciprocate the government’s contributions to the area to justify the continuous trust reposed in them.
He said the government’s assistance to the area include the creation of a traditional Council and the elevation of the area to a Municipal status.
Dr Letsa said this when Togbe Dorglo Anumah VI, Paramount Chief and President of the Avenor Traditional Council and Chiefs from the Area paid a courtesy call to him at the Regional Coordinating Council to congratulate the Minister on (VRCC) his re-appointment.
He referred to the Avenor area as an oasis of peace in the region, which refused to concede to the threats and activities of the secessionists.
Togbe Anumah said the facilitation of the historic visit to the Jubilee House by the Minister last year, the construction of Akatsi town roads, the development projects and the maintenance of peace were legendary.
He requested the modernisation of the Akatsi central market and the improvement of the standards of living of the people and appealed to the government for social amenities to facilitate development.
Togbe Anumah, who is also the representative to the National House of Chiefs, appealed for the installation of traffic lights in the central business district of Akatsi and the construction of speed ramps to curtail the frequent pedestrian knockdowns.
He requested the re-nomination of the Akatsi South Municipal Chief Executive, saying “we are firm believers of meritocracy and accountability and Mr Leo-Nelson Adzidogah has warmed our hearts to continue to champion the development aspiration of the Municipality.
Dr Letsa, in response, pledged the VRCC’s support towards the development of the area and asked the Assembly to champion agri-business ventures for the youth for sustainable job creation.
He said some citizens of the area were ready to invest and pledged to undertake the liaison for a take-off.
He urged the people to rally behind the Paramount Chief, whom he described as resourceful and a national asset to move development to the next level.
Mr Adzidogah, Municipal Chief Executive of Akatsi South, said the Assembly was working on getting an investor to support the Municipality to construct a new market on a public-private partnership basis.
He said other projects in the pipeline include the construction of a new Assembly complex, a community centre and a traditional council.
Members of the entourage were Torgbui Sakpaku IX, Mifiaga of Avenor, Mamaga Yeasidi III of Avenor; Togbui Klu Agbonu II of Xavi; Torgbui Doklo Akumsa VI of Avenorpedo; Torgbui Tali Gafatsi III of Agbedrafor; Togbui Ladzekpo Tetteh Gefu IV of Horti; Mama Sawoshie Sakpaku VI of Vlitey; Tsiamiga Kofi Agbeli of Avenorpeme; and Mr Raphael Kofi Ameku, General Secretary of the Council.
- Al Sadd and Andre Ayew agree to contract termination
- Ghana officially opens its market to US pork and pork products export
- Close down Office of the Auditor-General – GHAMRO CEO fumes
- Monkeypox Outbreak: Ghana records four deaths, 116 cases
- Over 4,000 Burkinabes seek asylum in Bawku West District
- Oyibi Food Poisoning: 53 persons experienced symptoms of foodborne diseases – FDA
- Adomfe goes sombre as cop, family killed in fire are buried
- Minority Leadership Change: Party is not divided – Asiedu Nketia assures NDC-UK
- CHAN 2022: Black Galaxies suffer shock exit after Niger defeat
- Police interdict officer for leaving rifle in commercial vehicle
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Full list of winners at 47th SWAG Awards gala
- Livestream: The Probe discusses Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Dr Ibn Kailan Abdul-Hamid appointed Head of UPSA’s Department of Marketing
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- CHAN 2022: CAF confirms change in kickoff time for final
- Newcastle sign Everton forward Anthony Gordon in £45m deal
- ‘We wanted a fresh start in 2023, but we have been worse’ – Klopp
- Brighton knock holders Liverpool out of FA Cup
- Moises Caicedo made ‘mistake’ asking to leave Brighton, says Roberto de Zerbi
- Pedri winner extends Barca’s La Liga advantage
- Chelsea sign teenage right-back Malo Gusto from Lyon in £31m deal
- Ghana signs agreements with Saudi Arabia on Hajj 2023
- Iraq reiterates support for Morocco’s sovereignty over Sahara
- Akufo-Addo’s loud silence on Auditor-General’s report shocking – Dr Apaak