The Migrant Labour General Workers Union International with the Education Department Finnish-French Migrant Resource Centre (MLGWUI-FFMRC) has pleaded with the government to unconditionally release or grant pardon to all Covid-19 detainees from prisons or any custody.
MLGWUI-FFMRC made the call in a letter issued by the General Secretary and Head of Education in International Relations, Justice Baako Ntarmah.
The Group also applauded President Akufo-Addo for opening the land borders and easing the Covid-19 restrictions.
MLGWUI-FFMRC further cautioned migrant workers that “it is illegal to deposit a passport with a travel agency or agent in respect of employment relations as waiting for Labour Migration opportunity.”
“Please, intended Emigrant and Migrant Worker, hold your passport until your agreed agency calls you for the confirmation of your Labour Migration or due time for Labour Market,” the release dated April 1 noted.
Regardless, the MLGWUI-FFMRC commended genuine employers, travel agencies, or agents for assisting migrant workers and also warned them not to withhold or seize clients’ passports, related travel documents, or deceive migrants with greener opportunities which are not available abroad.
MLGWUI-FFMRC further urged prospective or new investors, as well as Expatriate Employers in Ghana, to contact MLGWUI-FFMRC for assistance in the selection of qualified workers for decent work.
- Many still unable to buy ECG credit
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- Indonesia: At least 174 dead in football stadium crush
- ECG system challenges an internal attack, initiate investigations – Sam George to government
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- “We’re building a thriving tourism economy in Ghana” – Akufo-Addo
- Chiefs, DCEs, others to blame for worsening galamsey situation – Lands Minister
- Marrying an older man meant I became a widow at 34
- Manchester City beat Manchester United in nine goal thriller
- SSNIT, other companies shut down Bawku office over security concerns
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson reported dead
- 3 members enough for Black Stars Management Committee – Fred Pappoe
- Ibrahim Mahama wins EMY Africa Man of The Year
- Performance wrap of Ghanaian players abroad over the weekend
- Towards sustainable development of Africa’s upstream market…A Tullow Oil perspective
- Peg dollar for duty payments at least quarterly – GUTA to government
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- Hearts of Oak appoints David Ocloo as assistant coach
- Be circumspect in your coverage of conflict – NMC tells radio stations in Bawku
- Thomas Partey scores stunning goal in Arsenal win over Tottenham
- CalBank commissions new ICT Lab for SDA Schools in Koforidua
- Sustainability requirements shouldn’t be a ruse to block our cocoa and coffee – Oppong Nkrumah
- CAF re-opens bids for AFCON 2025
- GCR affirms Ecobank Ghana rating A+, outlook stable
- Bright Simons: GNPC fails in bogus defense of Genser sweetheart deal