Residents of Manso Adukunama in the Amansie West District of the Ashanti Region are unhappy about the deplorable nature of roads in the area.
They want the government to rehabilitate the roads to boost economic activities. The deplorable nature of the roads makes it difficult for local businesses and general livelihoods.
The concerned youth of Manso Adukunama are taking steps to address some challenges in the area.
“The only means of transport is the motorbike because of the poor road network. Vehicles don’t come here because of the poor road.” Chief of Manso Adukunama, Nana Kwabena Owusu the second.
According to the residents, pregnant women are carried on motorbikes to the hospitals.
Abena Fremah says she had a miscarriage on her way to the hospital of the bad roads.
Abena’s husband who is a driver doesn’t also work for days when it rains. The Amansie West district is among areas with deplorable roads in the Ashanti region.
“School children don’t go to school when it rains” another resident, Nana Owusu told the media
The residents of Manso Adukunama have come out to repair the deplorable roads to facilitate vehicular movement.
The residents attribute the constant robbery incidents to the deplorable nature of the road.
They are appealing to the government to come to their aid.
- ‘I called my wife to bid her farewell when my vehicle was swept away’ – Flood survivor
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
- Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
- ACP Agordzo’s fight to revoke his interdiction as police officer suffers another court adjournment
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- Photos: Medikal’s day in court
- Bishop Agyinasare cautions against military takeovers in spite of hardship
- ‘Side-chicks’ are ‘helpers’ who spice up marriages, I demanded my husband gets one – Joy FM Listener
- John Boadu blames current employment challenges on NDC, Sammy Gyamfi disagrees
Minority demands apology from Akufo-Addo over comment on abandoned Aflao E-block
Ghana’s Covid-19 death toll now 1,169
Girls at Agbekpui Basic School educated on breast cancer
One of the 3 police officers involved in Walewale-Bolga Highway accident still in critical condition
Media and Information Literacy week launched
Lawyers reject compensation packages for victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon bye-election
Statistical officers of local government urged to invest in personal training
We like the work fans are doing – Robert Addo ahead of WAC clash
I believe in us, we believe in ourselves – Mohammed Alhassan ahead of WAC clash
Partey scores first Arsenal goal in victory over Aston Villa
JoyNews’ Kwetey Nartey wins big at 2021 West Africa Media Excellence Awards
Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital board sworn in
Rejected law students sue General Legal Council
1xBet gives you the biggest welcome bonus in Ghana – 200% up to ¢1600!
Ga Mantse appeals to Akufo-Addo for support to change Greater Accra to Ga-Adangbe Region