Audio By Carbonatix
Former Brazilian footballer Ronaldinho and his brother appeared in court on Saturday over allegations the pair used fake passports to enter Paraguay.
Prosecutors say the brothers were given the false documents when they landed in the capital Asuncion on Wednesday.
The pair were taken into custody on Friday, just hours after a judge refused to uphold a prosecutor's proposal for an alternative punishment.
The prosecutor argued the brothers had been tricked. They deny any wrongdoing.
The pair, who were questioned by police, said they thought the passports were a courtesy gesture. Officers later searched their hotel.
At the court in Asuncion on Saturday, a judge ordered that Ronaldinho and his brother, Roberto Assis, be placed in pre-trial detention.

In July 2019, the player reportedly had his Brazilian and Spanish passports confiscated over unpaid taxes and non-payment of fines for illegally building on a nature reserve in Brazil.
"I respect his sporting popularity but the law must also be respected. No matter who you are, the law still applies", Paraguay's Interior Minister Euclides Acevedo told local media this week.
The 39-year-old had travelled to Paraguay to promote a book and a campaign for underprivileged children.
Ronaldinho was the 2004 and 2005 World Player of the Year and reached the prime of his career at Spanish giants Barcelona. He won the World Cup for Brazil in 2002 alongside fellow superstar forwards Ronaldo and Rivaldo.
Ronaldinho's net worth is estimated at £80-100m and he is reported to charge around £150,000 for a single promoted Instagram post.
Latest Stories
-
Panic in Sunyani: Chiefs to perform rituals after mystery deaths of two successive headteachers
6 minutes -
“It is worrying” – Prof. Akosa sounds alarm over failing medical ethics
31 minutes -
World Cup reality check: Mexico beat fringe Black Stars 2-0 in Puebla friendly
43 minutes -
Black Stars lose 2-0 to Mexico in pre-World Cup friendly in Puebla
2 hours -
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
2 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
2 hours -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
3 hours -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
3 hours -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
5 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
5 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
6 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
6 hours -
Lupita Nyong’o rejects criticism of Helen of Troy role
7 hours -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: GN Savings and Loans licence restoration and the Abronye bail debate
7 hours -
Putin vows retaliation after accusing Ukraine of hitting student dormitory
8 hours