Liverpool star Mohamed Salah will not be in Ghana for the final 2018 World Cup qualifier against the Black Stars.
Egypt manager Hector Cuper has named a 25-man squad for the Pharaohs’ encounter with Ghana, excluding his in-form attacker.
The Argentine tactician decided to drop Mohamed Salah from the squad to avoid fatigue.
This is because the Pharaohs have already sealed their qualification for the World Cup for the first time since 1990 after their 2-1 victory over Congo earlier in October.
Salah has been Egypt's best player in the qualifiers. Of the seven goals scored by the Pharaohs, Salah has registered five, including two in the famous win over the Red Devils.
Related Article: No Ayew brothers for final World Cup qualifier against Egypt
Ahead of the final round, the Pharaohs sit top of the group on 12 points, followed by Uganda with eight points. The Black Stars are third on six points, while Congo remain bottom of the group after collecting one point only.
Egypt Full Squad:
Goalkeepers: Essam El-Hadary (Al Taawoun), Ahmed El-Shennawy (Zamalek), Sherif Ekramy (Al Ahly)
Defenders: Ahmed Elmohamady (Aston Villa), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (Al Ahli), Ahmed Hegazi (West Bromwich), Omar Gaber (Basel), Karim Hafez (RC Lens), Rami Rabia, Ahmed Fathi, Saad Samir (Al Ahly), Ali Gabr (Zamalek)
Midfielders: Sam Morsy (Wigan Athletic), Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal), Amr Warda (Atromitos), Ramadan Sobhi (Stoke City), Mahmoud Abdel-Razik Shikabala (Al Raed), Mahmoud Hassan Trezeguet (KasÄ±mpaÅŸa), Tarek Hamed (Zamalek), Momen Zakaria and Abdallah El-Said (Al Ahly)
Forwards: Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba (Al Ittihad), Ahmed Hassan Kouka (SC Braga), Amr Marei (Etoile du Sahel), Amr Gamal (Bidvest Wits).
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- Nana Ampadu to be buried on October 8
- Ghana’s Marcia Ashong is among 2022 most influential people of African descent
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- DBG partners GIRSAL to train staff of financial institutions on Agric-Financing
- Woman leaves husband after discovering he secretly love her sister
- Ajax want to qualify from the group stage – Mohammed Kudus
- GIJ SRC Women’s Commission launches 2022 women’s week celebration
- FBNBank supports Rotary community projects
- Reputation is very important – Alhassan Andani tells FBNBank talent cohort
- Fire destroys shops at leather section of Kumasi Central Market
- GWCL assures regular water supply despite flooding incidents
- Capt Ibrahim Traoré: From shy schoolboy to military ruler
- Choosing Chelsea over United was ‘best decision of my life’ – Mikel Obi
- Neighbour rescues 13 Zambia women held for six months
- Mankessim murder: Court adjourns case to allow police more time to investigate
- Nima Dreams: ‘Inadequate pitches causing decline in football talents’ – Mohammed Polo