Audio By Carbonatix
Toronto police have said a security guard was shot overnight outside the home of Canadian rapper Drake.
Police said suspects in a vehicle shot the guard at the corner of the Park Lane Circle mansion around 02:00 EDT (06:00 GMT) on Tuesday before fleeing the scene.
It remains unclear if Drake was at home when the incident occurred or whether he was a target of the shooting.
He is currently embroiled in a war of words with US rap rival Kendrick Lamar.
But police said it was too early in their investigation to speak about a motive.
"We are in contact with [Drake's] team and they are cooperating," Inspector Paul Krawczyk of the Integrated Gun and Gang Task Force told reporters on Tuesday morning.
He said police are currently assessing video that captures the shooting but is not releasing information about it due to video quality issues.

The victim is in hospital and is in serious condition, he added.
Witnesses told Canadian media he had sustained several gunshot wounds, including one to the chest.
Toronto Mayor Olivia Chow told reporters she had been briefed by police about the shooting but declined to provide details.
"Any shooting is not welcome in this city and I hope the police will find the people that are violating the law and catch them," she said.
The lyrical beef between Drake and Lamar has grown bitterly personal, with a flurry of "diss tracks" exchanged between two of hip-hop's biggest stars over the weekend.
The Canadian's house, in the ritzy Bridle Path neighbourhood of Toronto, is the subject of cover art for Lamar's latest song Not Like Us, which is currently topping US and global music charts.
In the song, Lamar accuses Drake of having relationships with underage women, and of harbouring a secret love child, with the image appearing to suggest he is housing multiple sex offenders under his roof.
Drake's response, The Heart Part 6, denies the allegations and says he "feels disgusted" by them.
The rapper has discussed his home, which he refers to as The Embassy, in his own music and on social media. Its gates are twice as high as permissible under city law, because of his security needs.
Pictures online show the property has been cordoned off with caution tape as police investigate the shooting.
The BBC has reached out to representatives of both artists for comment.
Latest Stories
-
2026 Legacy Expo comes off on June 3, 2026
3 minutes -
CBG deepens financial inclusion drive with expansion of agency banking network
10 minutes -
Non-Performing Loans decline to 18% nut elevated risk remains – BoG
14 minutes -
Cocoa farmers in Ahondwo area appeal for clinic, support services
19 minutes -
Building collapse kills at least 9 people in Morocco’s Fez
20 minutes -
Congo police fire warning shots in burial dispute after suspected Ebola death
23 minutes -
Security officers involved in galamsey will face the law — Lands Ministry
25 minutes -
Keta MCE supports Keta FC with GH¢10,000 ahead of Middle League
25 minutes -
Livestream: JoyNews National Dialogue on Ghana’s youth and climate change
28 minutes -
Wontumi’s fate near as court gives final deadline for witnesses
28 minutes -
We have done no wrong – Group Ndoum says following court victory
31 minutes -
Dr. Gideon Boako warns banks may reject some forex deposits from next month
32 minutes -
Where typewriters still matter: The business keeping Kumasi’s old keyboard alive
32 minutes -
Growth in money supply slows down in April 2026 – BoG
43 minutes -
Ashaiman: Private developer demolishes traders properties to reclaim land
45 minutes