Division One League side Skyy FC owner Wilson Arthur is not happy with the proposed Statutes of the Ghana FA Normalisation Committee ahead of the September 5 Extra-Ordinary Congress.
According to him, one of the terms of reference of the NC is to ensure the statutes conforms with Article 15 of the FIFA Statutes and thereafter conduct elections.
However, what the Committee has done is to completely overhaul the Statutes with no explanatory notes.
He added that “the old text of President must be maintained as the practice at FIFA, CAF and most National Associations”.
On the congress composition, he admonished the status quo of 48 delegates representing the Division One League Clubs as in the existing statutes be maintained as against the NC proposal of making it 20 delegates.
The NC has confirmed Thursday, September 5, 2019, as the new date for the convocation of Congress to review and adopt the new revised statutes.
- Education Minister fingered in $1.2 million ‘phantom’ training scandal
- Another rainstorm to hit Accra, Cape Coast, and other towns tonight – GMet
- ‘Owoo family does not exist in Osu; it is a scam’ – Member of Osu stool
- Otto Addo names Ghana squad for Madagascar, CAR and four-nation tourney
- Remove structures obstructing free flow of water immediately – Akufo-Addo charges MMDAs
- I am not aware of any meeting with Privileges Committee – Adwoa Safo
- Some Christian leaders are not speaking against pervasive corruption because they have been bribed – Prof Martey
- Songs Akufo-Addo should have on his playlist if he truly cares
- More public officers are going to be caught in this web – Martin Kpebu on investigations into Sir John’s will
- ‘Is dumsor back or not?’ – Ghanaians argue on social media
US-based young Ghanaian entrepreneurs pioneer “Airbnb” rent module in Ghana, Africa
I will fail my ministry if I fail to be the best mum – Adwoa Safo
We’ve taken cautious approach to pilot digital currency – Governor
WAFU U17 Zone B: Ghana to host Nigeria in opening game
Akufo-Addo is well aware of my condition – Adwoa Safo
African leaders signal support for African Development Bank’s emergency food production facility
Make AfDB preferred multilateral financier of Africa’s development – Akufo-Addo
I’ve not given up on NPP, I’m still committed to the President – Adwoa Safo
Akufo-Addo is the only person who can sack me – Adwoa Safo
Exclusive: Adwoa Safo speaks on family, NPP, absence from Parliament
I will return when issues with family are resolved – Adwoa Safo
Low income earners tend to be at higher risk of developing stroke – Health expert
Lands Minister requests information on all transactions affecting Achimota Forest
I am not aware of any meeting with Privileges Committee – Adwoa Safo
Mmofraturo Girls School gets new toilet to improve hygiene and sanitation