The first round of Stanbic Ghana Table Tennis league ended over the weekend at the D.G. Hathiramani Sports Hall of the Accra Sports Stadium as Tesano Spinners maintain a firm grip at the top following emphatic wins over Navy and Kings Royal while defending champions Immigration came home victors in the top liner after trouncing third placed SmartLine@Emefs 3-1.
The matches which attracted many fans saw some media houses also engaging each other as part of the curtain raiser to the keenly contested tennis league.
The aim was to offer opportunity to the media for them to understand and appreciate the game to enhance their reportage.
The media curtain raisers finally gave way to the first round matches which saw Immigration taking on SmartLine@Emefs ina top of the table clash.
In other final first round matches played last Saturday, Kings Royal Academy beat Ashaiman Club 1-0, Police defeated Ghana Revenue Authority(GRA), 3-0, Loopers whitewashed Madina Stars 3-0 and Ashanti Otumfuo Stars beat Team Baboo 3-2.
In other matches, Western Table Tennis Club beat Synergy 3-0 and Team Coach Addo lost 2-3 to Fire Service.
In the second matches of the day Immigration beat Police 3-1, Synergy lost 0-3 to SmartLine@Emefs, Fire beat Madina Stars 3-1 and Looper drew 3-3 with Team Baboo.
In the rest of the matches Kings Royal Academy was thrashed 3-1 by Spinners and Team Coach Addo lost 2-3 to Western Table Tennis Club.
In the women’s division, Navy beat Madina Stars 3-0, Ashanti Otumfuo Stars lost 2-3 to Western Table Tennis Club, Army beat Immigration 3-2, Police lost 2-3 against Team Coach Addo and Spinners beat GRA 3-0.
In match two of the women’s league, Spinners beat Army 3-1, GRA lost 2-3 to Team Coach Addo, Immigration beat Ashanti Otumfuo Stars 3-1, Police defeated SmartLine@Emefs 3-1 and Western Table Tennis Club won 3-1 over Madina Stars.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations