Musician Stephanie Benson cried on social media while addressing reports that she had undergone cosmetic surgery- liposuction, recently.
The singer said not only are the reports untrue, but they made light of the life-threatening surgery she had to go through to remove her gallbladder after she fell seriously ill, in June 2022.
In a video shared on Instagram, Stephanie Benson said “I don’t get upset easily, you can sensationalise whatever headline, call me names, I don’t care. But for that particular surgery, I went down to 53 kilos and got really small, my family were worried.”
She added that, “it wasn’t body enhancement surgery. For them to minimise my near death situation and made it look like I had liposuction which I never had, is so disheartening.”
Stephanie Benson captioned her video thus, “My sadness is not out of anger, it’s just my pain revisited after Jon showed distaste for some headline he read this evening. I share my happiness with you all the time, but today pls allow me to share my sadness with you before I go to bed. I’ll be back to normal in no time.”
She said her husband sent her an article, upset that the author had claimed that she was hospitalised because of cosmetic surgery.
Mrs. Benson stated that the article reminded her of the pain and complications she went through. The musician added that her husband even considered suing the news portal that published the article.
In 2022, the 55-year-old mother-of-five announced she was undergoing a gall bladder removal process that was causing her serious discomfort.
She took her fans along every step of the way via posts on her social media pages, including the times when she lost significant weight, to the actual surgery process.
Stephanie Benson’s husband took over her social media pages, updating it per directions from the singer, with progress on the healing process.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Harris’ visit should accelerate US-Ghana partnerships – Genser
- NDC’s ‘betrayal’ may have been the result of several factors – Dr. Seidu Alidu
- Taking pictures, videos of ballots was not a party directive – Murtala Mohammed
- NDC as a party did not fail Ghanaians – Kofi Adams
- There had been broad consultation, consensus to reject President’s ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Playback: PM Express discuss NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club